PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Accord DX stalls during warm up, then no start

john doh
03-02-2011, 07:19 PM
78,000 miles, dad is the original owner, 5sp, upstate NY climate, second time its happend.

The vehicle starts up fine, idle/choke working ect. During the warm up cycle, between cold and normal engine temp, while driving for 2 miles it stalls. The first time it started right up but yesterday it had to be towed home. Dad poured a shotglass amount of gas down the carb and nothing. He was alone and couldnt check for spark. After 1 hr the vehicle was cold and it started and idled fine. He waited till the temp reach normal and was able to drive with no problems. I wont be upstate for 2 weeks so I asked a couple of techs and got a different answers, most dreaded these vacuum hosed, non-obd2 hondas. I know you need gas air spark but for the vehicle to not start when not at normal temp and not ice cold. Wtf?? Any suggestions? Thank You.

charliekuney
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
It didn't happen to stall after making a hard corner (left, I believe), did it?

john doh
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
It didn't happen to stall after making a hard corner (left, I believe), did it?
no, the first time he was driving straight around 35mph and it stalled and he restarted it. The other day when it wouldnt restart, he turned the vehicle off, went to the store for 5 min, came out and it wouldnt start. thank you

Hail Doom
04-05-2011, 07:39 AM
When it stalls, do the electronics stay on?