PDA

View Full Version : Fender\wheel well molding

kentwat
03-03-2011, 08:31 AM
My moldings on the rear wheel well have lost the little piece at the start of the molding and are sharp as hell. I've ripped my pants catching it before and bent it back. But I noticed again it was sticking out like a razor. I'm guessing my kids backpack or something caught it and bent it out. Is it possible to just add the little end piece covering the point or just go to PAP and find another? I've looked through images and it is hard to tell if anyone just removes them all together? Thanks.

Dr_Snooz
03-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry, I'm going to need pics of this one.

charliekuney
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I think he's talking about the rubber that goes along the edge of the wheel well. If so, some cars had them from the factory (screwed on) and some cars had them from the dealer (glued on). If yours are glued on, you should just remove them and clean up the area with some goo-be-gone. If you have the factory ones, you could just remove them and wash the dirt off, or try and get a new one. Either way, getting the factory ones off is a bitch and you (I) usually break them.

If you're talking about something else, I'm sorry for the useless information.

turabaka
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Mine are completely removed. Had to though because of the tires. Needed to roll the lip back so it didn't touch them.

kentwat
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Here are pics. turabaka I understand what your talking about but these are metal covered in rubber\plastic. I believe.
Good side with piece on the end.
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/kwat2008/Cars/photo1.jpg

Piece missing.
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/kwat2008/Cars/photo.jpg

turabaka
03-03-2011, 03:56 PM
hmmm. The hatches don't have those, or at least mine didn't. I don't see why you couldn't remove it all together if you wanted to.

HERBERT
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
i have never seen that

RAZR
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
it might have been put on by the dealer

88lxi-shortram
03-03-2011, 07:03 PM
get a file and glently sand down until its at least safe. then if you want it back in its metal so get a ballpeen and wrap a cloth around it and gently bang it back down. it wont look perfect but itll be safer and look alot better than just sticking out there

charliekuney
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Use a piece of floss and weave it behind the piece until it comes off. Clean. Done.