PDA

View Full Version : got used speed cable at the junkyard today just one problem

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-12-2002, 03:57 PM
everything works fine...however after going about 50 feet the cable gets kicked out of the transmission thusly stopping the speedo from reading anymore...i think that i forgot to bring the retainer to keep it in place...can i rig something up to keep the cable from getting kicked out all the time...thanks?

YK86
10-12-2002, 04:43 PM
You can use a paper clip. It has to be shaped like a D and the l side of it goes through the slit when the cable plugs in. But you have to make sure the tab on the cable is aligned with the hole in the speedo gear or the cable will not go in far enough for the two slits (on the cable and on the housing) to align. After installing it, pull up on the cable and if it doesn't pull out, the clip is holding the two together properly.

BoredRec
10-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Screw that, just go to Honda and buy a new clip...they aren't expensive or anything, just a couple of bucks, definetly worth it compared to trying to make a paperclip work.

smufguy
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
well yasu's recomendation is to get ur car to the dealer to get the clip or an immediate run so that u wont be pulled over by a cop for speeding or honked by ur Mr.Tailgater for going slow.

Its always best to replace small crucial parts, which are inexpensive as this clip for things to go as they should. Get that stock clip from ur dealer as BoredRec said.

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-13-2002, 05:59 PM
so true....i have been dealing with no speedo since i had this car...
(about 4 months) went back to the boneyard and got the clip...was difficult to get right but now i can see how fast i have been going...damn i have been flying in this car on the highway...thanks for pulling me through