PDA

View Full Version : How much Horsepower?!?!?!?!

Nate2310
10-12-2002, 05:25 PM
How much of a horsepower gain will I get with all of this stuff?
1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan Carb

-Big Bore Monza Exhaust
-K&N Air Filter
-Pacesetter Performance Header Kit
-Nology spark plug wire set

87accordlx
10-12-2002, 05:58 PM
10 tops i think

dXsquared
10-12-2002, 06:26 PM
dont get the pacesetter exaust. it is shit! go to ur local exaust shop and get them to build u a 2 inch or 2.25 inch exaust. from ur header back with a high flow cat and no resonator. thats the best for power and eficientcy.
Travis

smufguy
10-12-2002, 07:09 PM
yep, like hatchback said, dont get a pacesetter exhaust system. get a custom 2.25" piping with a muffler (dynomax super turbo, or anythin u like) with a generic tip. Also get a high flow cat.

Loose ur AC if its not working and also its bracket. Its like 40lbs right there that u shed.

for the intake, get a cold air intake that goes in ur bumper.

get a complete tune up if ur gonna do all the upgrades with a NGK spark plugs too. dont invest in a MSD or ACCEl as of yet. u wont see any noticable difference, unless ur car had poor ignition coil.

If u really looking hard into extremely noticable power increase, Get a cam (crower, crane) and aluminum flywheel.

Swappable things: Get a 1st gen integra tranny and swap it witn your existing tranny. <<integra tranny has higher gear ratios for faster acceleration>>

Mike's89AccordLX
10-13-2002, 02:57 AM
smufguy, about how much would it be to swap a 1st gen integra tranny? Could i do it myself? Oh, yeah I go the pacesetter exhaust just for the mandrel bent piping and I put on an arospeed cherry bomb muffler. And are those the cam company names? What are the sites for those. Camshafts are a huge gain for one item. I was wondering if they make cam gears too? Thanks in advance. :bow:

89AccordNate
10-13-2002, 08:04 AM
10hp is pushing it for those mods. No you cant do a first gen integra swap by yourself. Its not a unbolt and rebolt application. It takes some know-how and a lot of work. There is a post on the baord about it, but after reading that post I dont recommend it to someone who is new to the car world.

Nate.

dXsquared
10-13-2002, 08:21 AM
if u are wanting a lower geared tranny... use the 2gen(84-87) prelude tranny. make sure its an si witha two liter with fuel injection. i did this swap a month ago and it is so sweet!!! it is a bolt on and if u have some know how u should be able to do it.

and get a custom exhaust... much better and less expensive.
and do a whole tune up with plugs and a cap and rotor.

Travis

87AccordsterLx
10-13-2002, 10:14 AM
you have a carb so unless you built an intake setup your self you would have to find another means of getting the cold air effect.... currently it is pulling air in from the fender... If you live in a mild weather climate I would sugjest that you just filp the lid on your carbs air filter... open the lid to it (there are a few clamps and to wing nuts on top) take out the black restrictor piece that slows the flow of air into the lid from the tubing... then if you wish to get a k&n you could just throw that in there.... you should first try takeing the rubber grommets out from where the wing nuts would screw on... filp the lid over... get some thin washers to seal the top off and screw the lid on upside down... I took the wing part of the bolts off on mine as well as the clamps from the sides to... looks better and helps it fit better....

87AccordsterLx
10-13-2002, 10:20 AM
also... Travis... I think he was just saying that he wanted the headers... not the exhaust piping... unless by "kit" you ment the piping as well... if you did mean the piping then you should do just as Travis said and go for the custom 2.25in (possibably mandrel bent if you want to pay the $$$ or straight piping) that with the headers... fliped lid w/k&n, exhaust...etc... you should be pulling in some good numbers ...

dXsquared
10-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Big Bore Monza Exhaust is what he wanted to get.

thats the cheap ass pacesetter kit!

Travis

A20A1
10-14-2002, 12:38 PM
- FILTER: K&N
- COIL: MSD BLASTER 2 / MSD SS / ACCEL
- HEADER: PACESETTER / S&S / DC SPORTS
- EXHAUST: Custom 2.25" Cat-back / Full 2.25 (If you don't have emission checks)
- Muffler: Whatever fits your taste and your car

I whould like to see what difference the NOLOGY's make