PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel stud replacment

anubis_4_99
03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
ok, i've searched, i've googled, i've you tubed, i've even contacted the dead lol

i cant find any info on replacing a rear wheel stud

i've got one that snapped taking off my blown tire last night, so i plan to just replace them all

anyone have any info on doing the rears? i've found tons and tons on the front, but not seen a single thing on the rears

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Well welcome. and a stud on a drum is basily the same as all cars. AN some common sense. Take the drum off put the stud you want to take out at 12 O clock there well be a hole idk i forgot but if there isNT it well come out easy. ( using a hammer and wacking it once or twice) Pops out replace put a castle nut bigger then the stud then run a spare lug nut you have laying around and use a impact gun to hammer on her till she is flush. Takes bout 15 minutes if that. ME anyway since i replace almost every stud on my accord Lol. easy guy. just start doing it and youll get it as you move along. Like i said COMMON SENSE. k thanks by

ps. reason why you use a castle nut that is bigger then the stud is for the Lug nut to have a smooth straight guide so the stud is sucked in flush.

welcome

Oldblueaccord
03-11-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=32449

See if this is close enough for you.

wp

anubis_4_99
03-12-2011, 07:18 AM
that caliber write up is awesome, thanks blue

i just didnt want to jump into it blind incase it was more complex then i tought it would be

*edit*

4 good wheel studs again. thanks again for the help guys, it was a cake walk once i got in there, i just always like to have a game plan goin into things

Dr_Snooz
03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Usually when there is absolutely nothing written about it, it's either very easy or so difficult, no one's bothered to try.