PDA

View Full Version : another exhuast question

88lxi-shortram
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
ok ive searched around but could really get a definite answer but i want to know if the exhuast from a cb7... just the part from the cat to the final muffler pipe would fit on our cars? i tryed to get out to pull a part today and compare and contrast but i couldnt get the car til it was to late.the reason being is the flanges on my test pipeare exactly the same as ours but the cb7 flange in the rear is twisted to the right a little. i can cut and weld the oe flange and turn it a little but id rather just buy the pipe if it fits. i dont assume honda would change its exhuast routing drastically in one generation so thats why im asking

Demon1024
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I just bought one of those test pipes for the cb7 myself. This knowledge would be welcome indeed. I had planned on just cutting the one flange and changing it from the one on the old cat. Haven't gotten around to it yet tho. I'm gonna bookmark this :)

BUMP! TTT

88lxi-shortram
03-14-2011, 06:31 PM
hopefully ill be able to hit PAP by the end of this week and be able to compare and contrast the differences. like i said i dont think they would change the exhaust routing much. maybe daimeter and maybe hangers but bending would probably be the same because of the fact the chassis themselves are so similar to each other... especially the 1990 model.