PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering leeak

Charbo88
03-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I have a leak in my power steering somewhere. I dont know where but I know the pump is good and the resivour is fine. I cant see any wet spots or leaks from the top but I had the car jacked up today to change my oil and I saw it dripping from the plate under the steering gear on the drivers side. Im guessing its leaking from the hydrulic lines or somewhere close to them. The car pulls the the right if I drive it also.

Charbo88
03-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Also, I replaced a fuel line going from the fuel pump up into the bottom of the car, but when i go to put the pump back up it kinks the hose. how can I keep this from happening? I have tried longer and shorter hoses. What does this line go to?

Charbo88
03-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Well I found where the leak was coming from, I dont know really anything about it but I think its my rack and pinion seals? It is leaking from my drivers side cv boot right by the hydraulic stuff. I can get a seal kit for $47 or I can get a whole rack and pinion setup for $75 brand new. The car was sitting for about 2 years before I got it so thats why I thought maybe it was the seals. Can someone please help me get my car fixed up? I work in a aircraft boat and auto upholstery shop in a hanger with plenty of tools and space so I have a clean place to do all the work that needs done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Charbo/2011-03-17163942.jpg

Dr_Snooz
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Get the new rack. 3g racks usually only do that when they've received a good dose of the wrong kind of fluid. If you put new boots on, they will blow out soon because the internal seals are leaking.

Charbo88
03-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Ya I figured it would probably be easier to just replace it all then redo all the seals anyway. Its a 2g but im sure its pretty similar to a 3g setup, Would the seals go bad from using regular fluid instead of honda fluid?

The replacement I'm looking at is on rockauto parts its CROWN REMANUFACTURING Part # 261751 is that ok or should I get something else?