PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Side Leak

import racer
03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Ok every accord I get leaks on the drivers side.I have frozen water on the floor of my daily driver and there is water on the floor of my project sei.Does anyone know where they usually leak because I have looked and can't see where the water is coming from.It looks like the water is coming in above the dead pedal somewhere.

Nafs Asdf
03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Mine is like that too, carpet is frozen solid. I always assumed it was just from water/snow I dragged in with my feet tho. Are you sure it's not that?

gp02a0083
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
i haven't had this issue with the accord chassis, but i did have a similar issue with my 86 olds 442 clone. Check the door hinges and maybe put a little bit of seam sealer or caulk on the top of each hinge.

There could be a possibility that it might be coming from the rubber grommet in the engine bay, that is right above the brake/gas and or clutch assembly. I wouldnt think that would be causing it as i have cut that rubber grommet in half back when I installed my fog lights on my 87.

the only other thought i have is that it would be leaking from the cowl area, check that. That area seems to gather a lot of junk that could hold water and cause it to rust and leak.

Pico
03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
the drain for the sunroof (if you have one) is located in the kick panel near the dead pedal, this may be where your getting the water from

gp02a0083
03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
didn't think of that.... never wanted or had a car with a sun or moon roof

import racer
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
One has a sunroof the other one doesn't It seems to be coming from up in the corner under the dash.I thought it was the seam on top of the inner fender.There is a gap that has seam sealer on it,I fixed the cowl area last year on the SEI.It's not a big leak but if I let it go I could end up with a hole.Besides I hate wet carpet.

Fedor B.
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Had the same leaking. Problem was the connection from sunroof drain and antenna drain comming together just behind the fender before it leaves the car. Leaking straight in to the harness, causing all kind of problems.

w261w261
03-18-2011, 06:49 AM
I second the antenna drain. I'm not sure how the non-sunroof cars are plumbed, but on the sunroof cars, there is a Y shaped fitting where the water that comes down the antenna is routed out with the drain water from the sunroof. As you probably know, on our cars it's a bitch to work on the antenna motor without taking stuff out behind the dash; consequently, many times people unplug the drain from the antenna and can't get it hooked back up. This is probably more-or-less ok until the sunroof drain gets blocked up, usually at its end behind the mudflap in the wheel well. Then, the water from the sunroof has nowhere to go, it backs up and overflows through the open part of the Y connection and soaks the foot well exactly as you have described.

On the car without the sunroof, I would assume that there's a tube from the antenna motor housing that drains out in the same fashion - to the wheel well. Perhaps the connection has been unplugged, although I wonder just how much water can come down the antenna.

Clearing the front sunroof drains is harder than the relatively easy job of the rears. But if you can get the tube cleaned out by the wheel, I think you will solve your problem - the amount of water coming down the antenna is minimal.

That's what happened to me in any case. I didn't want to start disconnecting things like the fuse block, but I did get the drain hose open at the wheel. I haven't had a water problem in the footwell since.

import racer
03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Well I cleaned out the sunroof drains last year.I took out the power antenna and motor,filled the hole in the roof.As for the tube I will cut off a piece of the drain tube and fill with silicone and put it in the drain tube to seal it.

stat1K
03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
you sure it's water and not brake fluid?

my wifes 95 hatch would leak brake fluid into the cabin right there.

import racer
03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
No it's water,I've poured water over the windshild and look inside and see water dripping.

stat1K
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
so is the windshield seal leaking then?

import racer
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't think so the water runs in to the cowl area and it seems to be leaking in that area.I don't have the cover on so the water runs right in there,don't want to put it back on til I get the leak fixed.