PDA

View Full Version : my 1986 honda accord lx-i wont start

slowA20tog22
03-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Today i just got a 86 accord lx-i with efi and the an a20 its completely stock but wont start i just put in new injectors and its making spark its throwing no codes out. its making compression but i havnt played with hondas alot though so what would you suggest trying?

VIPER1988
03-23-2011, 07:16 AM
if u are getting spark then its most likely fuel related. either fuel pump or (more likely) main relay.

RAZR
03-23-2011, 07:21 AM
could u post a vid of it cranking?

Dr_Snooz
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the board! Check to see if you are getting fuel. On an FI car, it should blow pretty strong. If you aren't getting fuel, then you're looking at a fuel pump or main relay. If you're getting fuel, then it's probably a timing issue or an air flow restriction (unlikely).

slowA20tog22
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I fixed the problem a bit of starter fluid and some cranking did the job.
My injectors looked pretty crappy when I pulled them out there was gunk build up around the o-rings that hold the injectors in. So I put some 94 accord injectors (which are 240cc) in there but I dont know what size injectors it takes, does anyone know(its an a20a2)? Also there is a leak coming from what looks like below the intake manifold, my friend is suggesting that i take off the thermostat housing and seeing if it is clogged.. does anyone have any guesses what it could be? I'll post videos of it running and overheating. some other things the head gasket is fine and is not blown I just put in new oil so its nice and clean I'm going to put a new fuel filter in it some time when i figure out where the leak is and fix it. I also only payed 400 dollars for it I still need to get the tittle transfered over.