PDA

View Full Version : strange noises from the suspension

Euro2.0ex
10-13-2002, 06:43 AM
My front suspension strarted to squeak again a couple of days ago..
The problem is I have no clue what is causing this?

I had similar symptoms some time ago and i have already changed my upper conrol arms with new bushings and balljoints. It was fine for 10000km's but it's bad again...

Could it be the rubber support/bushing in top of the shock or something else?

The sound appears when i turn the wheels or when I drive slowly over bumps.

I have Eibach springs (1 inch drop) and Sachs gas shocks.

Help me! The sound is really annoying! It drives just fine but I can't stand the sound!

I have to try and lubricate everything today when I change my winter tyres and let's see if that helps...

The car has only 120000 miles on the clock.

njpeter
10-13-2002, 07:36 AM
my guess is that the strut is bad..jack it up and turn the wheel..no squeak?...Just too lazy to change the strut right now. turn the radio up :-)

SiR
10-13-2002, 08:04 AM
It might be your tie-rod and has no more grease in it. If there is a fitting just pump grease. If there isnt a fitting, then you going to have to replace it.

Rooz

89AccordNate
10-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Check your sway bar bushings. I just swapped new ones in and they tend to squeek sometimes. Its not loud but I can hear it if I do Ace Ventura style and stick my head out the window.

Nate.

Euro2.0ex
10-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the help!
The strut would be my guess. I just lifted the car. It would be a good thing to change everything, but the parts are so dam expensive over here. I would love new shocks, but a set of four Koni's cost something like 700$..

My old shocks are only a couple of years old :(
And Mercedes fits these Sachs shocks to their new cars!

Dam I hate winter. I just changed to my studded winter tyres. They look so awful. Terrible sound when driving over 60mph. Well I don't here any strange noises do I?!

Well maeby ill wait until summer. Toooo lazy..

smufguy
10-13-2002, 03:31 PM
since u said ur control arm bushing is bad esp after 10000 miles, i have somethign to ask u. Did u check ur camber and align the wheels?

U did not have any accidents did u?

Euro2.0ex
10-13-2002, 09:57 PM
Yes the camber was checked by a Honda dealer.
The car was stolen one year ago and they stole my wheels.

We found the car lying on the brakes so it's more than possible that the bastards broke something else with their driving.

I really hate my Eibach springs. In my former car ( VW Golf g60) Eibach springs were very good (I did have Bilstein shocks though) but in the Honda they are not performing as they should be.

I am going to take it to the Honda dealer today and we'll see what they say...

inflikti0n
10-14-2002, 11:06 PM
WD-40 :D