PDA

View Full Version : Seeking NEW Denso OE A/C compressor for 1987 Honda Accord

scottmemmer
04-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Hi, and thanks for letting me join this Forum.

I am seeking a BRAND NEW OEM A/C compressor (Denso) for my 1987 Honda Accord, 4 cylinder. I do NOT want an aftermarket, rebuilt, or any other knock-off version of this compression, only the genuine article, new and not remanufactured.

Honda stopped making them years ago, of course, but there appear to be a few floating around.

I confirmed the part with a local dealer as Honda OEM part # 38810-PH1N91. There are several other versions of this compressor, but that one was tracked through the VIN.

VIN for this vehicle is JHMCA5635HC044206.

I found one at a dealer on the East Coast, but he wants $450, plus I live in Los Angeles and would prefer a local SoCal source, in case something is wrong with the unit.

Does anyone know of a legit West Coast source that might have in stock a NEW Denso compressor for my ancient '87 Accord?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with this.

Thanks Again, Scott.

RAZR
04-05-2011, 07:02 AM
well first off :welcome: this site has so much information about our cars.

second anything oem that is new is gunna be really expensive especially a/c is uber expensive.

88lxi-shortram
04-05-2011, 07:25 AM
well.... ive got the a/c compressor that came out of my car and it had so much gunk on it im sure it may be oe... possibly... kinda. anyways ill get it out of my closet and check the numbers for you and if it is its yours

Hail Doom
04-05-2011, 07:33 AM
RockAuto (http://www.rockauto.com) has the Denso compressor for $246.99.

scottmemmer
04-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will check that out tomorrow. I have found some websites showing the part for sale, but when you talk to them you find out it is no longer in stock. I will let you know what I find out once I speak to Rock Auto.

Thanks Again!
Scott M.

scottmemmer
04-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I realize OEM A/C units are pricey, but I'm done messing with the cheap rebuilds. I plan to get at least 100,000 more out of the car, so it's worth the investment.

Thanks though, Scott.

DBMaster
04-06-2011, 05:16 AM
I bought one of the new Denso compressors from Rock Auto last August when mine was ready to be replaced. Mine had been converted from the Keihin to the Denso in 1999 when I replaced everything the first time. It's not like the old days when compressors lasted the life of the car. The one in my 72 Pontiac didn't cycle on and off and thus the clutch components lasted about 16 years. I replaced the clutch assembly and the compressor just kept on going with a system that blew 31 degree air.

mushroom_toy
04-06-2011, 07:47 AM
I think I have one in the building Ill sell you for $100 + shipping. Just pulled last year out of my track car. Works perfectly fine, was pulled off an 87. Ill have to check and make sure its denso, but it should be. Just let me know if youre interested.