PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Switch

Aorourke331
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I once had 2 switches I bought from radioshack, working together to open and close my sunroof. When I let my uncle barrow my car, he thought I wired them wrong and it was draining my battery.
Well he was wrong.
I'm now on a hunt to find the switch to put in it's place instead of doing some crazy random assembly I had.

Any help? Trying to find the stock part, or maybe even a piece to fit it's place that will work.
Summer is here, and I have only one working window... barely.

1813mdw
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I once had 2 switches I bought from radioshack, working together to open and close my sunroof. When I let my uncle barrow my car, he thought I wired them wrong and it was draining my battery.
Well he was wrong.
I'm now on a hunt to find the switch to put in it's place instead of doing some crazy random assembly I had.

Any help? Trying to find the stock part, or maybe even a piece to fit it's place that will work.
Summer is here, and I have only one working window... barely.

got it. pm me

Aorourke331
04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
messaged.

1813mdw
04-06-2011, 06:22 PM
messaged.

charliekuney
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
You're looking for an aftermarket switch, right? Make sure that the factory one will work if that's what you're going for. Factory sunroofs only slide in and out of the roof; they don't vent up. I'm not sure what yours does but I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket.

1813mdw
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
you need to adjust pc user your settings to accept pm's. but anyways you can have the switch for $5(the cost of shipping). i like to help fellow 3gee noobs in hope that you'll stick around lol. these are great cars and its a shame to see one get crushed or sold to somebody who will drive it till it dies and scrap/sell it. baby it or beat it, just make sure you keep it(sig material right here lol) also, for further reference you post parts you need in the wanted section

1813mdw
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
You're looking for an aftermarket switch, right? Make sure that the factory one will work if that's what you're going for. Factory sunroofs only slide in and out of the roof; they don't vent up. I'm not sure what yours does but I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket.

i think hes lookin for the factory switch:dunno:

Aorourke331
04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Sunroof I think is after market, but it's in out, and vent.

I would like stock, but if I have to get tricky I'll do it too.

My pm should be working. Idk what's wrong.

Aorourke331
04-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Actually.. now i think about it
I don't remember if it vents..
it's been that long.

1813mdw
04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
you'll have to figure it out but you can have the part if you need it