PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity

Xaisk
04-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Are the rear bumpers for the hatch and 2Dr coupe the same? Pondering a xenon body kit on a hatch when I get through boot camp. I might try and make a photoshop mockup of what it might look like but im not super good.

Xaisk
04-08-2011, 08:00 AM
No answers? no snobby remarks like "Oh thatll look stupid!"

nah im just pickin, but seriously, anybody know? Im pretty sure everything will fit except for the rear bumper piece to the kit... I think with modding it could fit but Idk.

RAZR
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
no I dont know

and
that would look STUPID (in a snobby voice)

charliekuney
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Sedans, hatches, coupes, and aerodecks all have individual rear bumpers. The hatch is a good four inches shorter than the coupe and the sedan, but all have the same wheelbase so the length is chopped off of the rear after the wheel.

Xaisk
04-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks Charlie.

Its just a thought. I know the side skirts and front piece would work. They sell them for the hatch.

I havent seen any rear bumpers though. Maybe putting the sideskirts and front part on leaving the back off, but I would have to do SOMETHING to make it at least match.

RAZR
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
is this the xenon ur talking about?

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75324

MessyHonda
04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
yeah front and sides should work. but rear wont work on a hatch.

lostforawhile
04-09-2011, 04:37 AM
no the rear of the hatch is different, the floorpans between hatchbacks and coupes are the same, the sedan is different, so i'm not sure on the length

Xaisk
04-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Yup I think thats it. Hard to tell with it not on the car. I originally thought that the pieces were made out of some hard material..... what makes them solid when they are actually on the car?

lostforawhile
04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Yup I think thats it. Hard to tell with it not on the car. I originally thought that the pieces were made out of some hard material..... what makes them solid when they are actually on the car?

you mean the bumpers?

Xaisk
04-09-2011, 08:44 AM
No the bodykit in that picture Razr posted.

YK86
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
I have the Xenon kit so I can kinda chime in. It's made of flexible urethane but once it's mounted on the car, it'll still flex near the bottom but it's fairly solid. It's comparable to an oem lip where when it's not mounted, you can twist it or bend it but once it's mounted, it won't move much.

One thing I'd highly recommend though is to get it painted properly. Don't use color matched spray bombs or Maaco's cheapest paint. Any time you hit something with this kit, if you don't have good paint that's bonded well and can flex, it will crack and peel off.

BTW, if you are considering getting the kit in the link above, I'd be interested in taking the rear valance if you take the side skirts and front air dam.

Xaisk
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh im planning on having the entire car repainted sometime in the near future. The paint is faded all to hell haha. When I get to basic im going to drill rust holes out, patch them up, get the kit quite possibly, then get the painting done so that it all syncs up perfectly. I am considering swapping to the painted bumpers as I have the all black rubbery ones.

gp02a0083
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
BTW, if you are considering getting the kit in the link above, I'd be interested in taking the rear valance if you take the side skirts and front air dam.

not to disrespect the seller in any way, but the only good pieces i see there are the side skirts. urethane / FRP or even that rubberized stuff does not form back to its original shape when it has been bent over like that for years. Just plan on having to do a lot of bodywork to those items....