PDA

View Full Version : New P/S Reservoir

DBMaster
04-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up just yet, but I ordered a brand new P/S reservoir over the weekend from an online source. This will give me a new filter in the base, plus I can modify my original to use an inline filter in the future.

The reason I don't want to mention where yet is that I tried every Honda parts source I could find some time ago and the part was discontinued. The one I ordered still cost $50, but I'm excited about it and hope it's actually the correct one.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Mike

Dr_Snooz
04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Sweet! Let us know what happens.

DBMaster
04-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately, what I predicted came true. My order with DealerDirectParts.com was "processing" for ten days so I called them. The guy contacted his Honda parts source while I was on hold and, wait for it, the part is discontinued by Honda. I guess everybody's systems have out of date information every now and then.

To their credit, they refunded my PayPal account immediately.

So, sorry, no new P/S reservoirs for us.

Dr_Snooz
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
:(

forrest89sei
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately, what I predicted came true. My order with DealerDirectParts.com was "processing" for ten days so I called them. The guy contacted his Honda parts source while I was on hold and, wait for it, the part is discontinued by Honda. I guess everybody's systems have out of date information every now and then.

To their credit, they refunded my PayPal account immediately.

So, sorry, no new P/S reservoirs for us.

I just sent off a email to my dealer, I've gotten lucky on them having stock on stuff other dealers haven't been able to get, I'll let you know what I hear back from them :D

DBMaster
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
If they have one, I will buy it. Within reason, of course. The price, with shipping, of the one I ordered was $65.

Thanks for checking!

forrest89sei
04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
If they have one, I will buy it. Within reason, of course. The price, with shipping, of the one I ordered was $65.

Thanks for checking!

Yeah it's $52 from my dealer but I also have $10 Off Coupon Code

Like a Boss!

Forrest

DBMaster
04-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Can you send me the info needed to order?

Thanks!!

steverine
09-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Any chance you could check with dealer, or forward me their info, for the following?
10mm PS return line for '88 DX hatchback
Thank you.
- Steve

Oldblueaccord
09-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Any chance you could check with dealer, or forward me their info, for the following?
10mm PS return line for '88 DX hatchback
Thank you.
- Steve

This thread is several years old.

Might help.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/how/81406-install-inline-ps-filter.html

I have eyeballed the 4g Accords (early 90's) and they look similar. Could try there.