PDA

View Full Version : me again! lol

RallyKid
04-12-2011, 10:18 PM
hey guys, so this started about 2 weeks ago when i was still dealing with the first problem. anyway, first time, i was driving down the freeway when white smoke just started pouring out of the exhaust. happened twice in one day. then today, again going down the freeway and it happened again BUT not nearly as much. and lasted about 5 or 6 seconds where as before clouded the entire highway and last about 10 seconds. and all times, smoke gets blue at the very end. im wondering if its just burning oil?? i did put a bit too much in by accident and plan on adjusting the amount on my next oil change..

oh and another thing.. past 2 times ive filled up at the gas station, right after the pump stops, i hear spilling on the ground and i look under and fuel is coming out of the lines. im plannin on checking them tomorrow but had an idea of maybe that the lines are fastened enough to the filter?? cause i did change both out and might not have fastened them enough. and now everytime i turn sharply there is a trail of fuel on the road. doesnt last long at all thank god. haha

thanks for your help!

Dr_Snooz
04-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a head gasket. And tighten the fuel lines too.

RallyKid
04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
alright ill tighten the fuel lines first. only cause thats what i know exactly.. lol

forrest89sei
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah It does sound like a head gasket, I'd check your oil cap for a Milky Tan-ish Goop, If you smell the oil cap you'll be able to smell coolant depending on how bad it is, Also check the radiator for oil in the coolant

Typical symptoms of a blown head gasket may include these: bubbles of air coming up into your radiator (remove cap before starting); a leaking radiator; milkshake-colored oil; overheating; rough running; coolant or oil running from head; spark plug(s) that have a green tint (if green coolant); white-colored or sweet-smelling exhaust.
White smoke from your tail pipe, or loosing coolant through your overflow. Take the cap off and rev the engine: if you see bubbles, or if it comes out, you'll know.

A blown head gasket will leave a dark smell in the radiator. And you will have high back pressure coming though your radiator cap.

One of the most common tell-tale signs is a milky-gray ring around your oil cap. When coolant enters the engine oil through a crack in the head or through a blown gasket, it evaporates and leaves a milky ring around the oil cap.

Another easy way to tell is to check your oil dipstick. Change your oil and pull out the dipstick. Make sure that you take note of how far up the dipstick the oil is. Top off your cooling system and fill your cooling reservoir to the top. Screw radiator cap back on and start engine. Run engine for about 20-30 mins. or until it reaches normal operating temperature. Allow engine to cool (engine must cool completely to get accurate oil reading). Check oil dipstick again. If the oil has a watery appearance and has risen noticeably up the dipstick, the you probably have a blown head gasket or a warped head.

A third hint is to look for a dripping, sweet-smelling liquid coming out of your tailpipe. Any of the above symptoms could be the result of a blown head gasket.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_signs_of_a_blown_head_gasket#ixzz1JS4 Q2OyG

Oil Cap
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/images/milky-oil-cap-2.jpg
Radiator Cap
http://home.comcast.net/~cyberkill51/radiator.jpg

RallyKid
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
thanks so much! ill get right on that and start checkin that stuff out. i know for sure though that the oil is good. its not watery and doesnt run up the dipstick. i wanna say there isnt any dripping liquid coming out of my tailpipe, but i know i havent looked at that. but ill check all of it. thanks! :0)

Yeah It does sound like a head gasket, I'd check your oil cap for a Milky Tan-ish Goop, If you smell the oil cap you'll be able to smell coolant depending on how bad it is, Also check the radiator for oil in the coolant

Typical symptoms of a blown head gasket may include these: bubbles of air coming up into your radiator (remove cap before starting); a leaking radiator; milkshake-colored oil; overheating; rough running; coolant or oil running from head; spark plug(s) that have a green tint (if green coolant); white-colored or sweet-smelling exhaust.
White smoke from your tail pipe, or loosing coolant through your overflow. Take the cap off and rev the engine: if you see bubbles, or if it comes out, you'll know.

A blown head gasket will leave a dark smell in the radiator. And you will have high back pressure coming though your radiator cap.

One of the most common tell-tale signs is a milky-gray ring around your oil cap. When coolant enters the engine oil through a crack in the head or through a blown gasket, it evaporates and leaves a milky ring around the oil cap.

Another easy way to tell is to check your oil dipstick. Change your oil and pull out the dipstick. Make sure that you take note of how far up the dipstick the oil is. Top off your cooling system and fill your cooling reservoir to the top. Screw radiator cap back on and start engine. Run engine for about 20-30 mins. or until it reaches normal operating temperature. Allow engine to cool (engine must cool completely to get accurate oil reading). Check oil dipstick again. If the oil has a watery appearance and has risen noticeably up the dipstick, the you probably have a blown head gasket or a warped head.

A third hint is to look for a dripping, sweet-smelling liquid coming out of your tailpipe. Any of the above symptoms could be the result of a blown head gasket.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_signs_of_a_blown_head_gasket#ixzz1JS4 Q2OyG

Oil Cap
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/images/milky-oil-cap-2.jpg
Radiator Cap
http://home.comcast.net/~cyberkill51/radiator.jpg

Buzo
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
And how about the cooling line that goes to the base of the carb?

You may want to check that line too, if the carb is loose in its base or the orings are bad, there will be water intrusion into the intake manifold.

RallyKid
04-16-2011, 04:06 PM

You may want to check that line too, if the carb is loose in its base or the orings are bad, there will be water intrusion into the intake manifold.

i pulled the top of the carb off to change the top o ring, but o'reilly gave me the wrong one so i just kept the old one. it was still in good condition though. a little dark, but no cracks or splits. but anyway, before i did all that it took a little while to start, now it starts right up. and the idle is smooth as hell. sorry about all that useless info, just had to tell ya. lol..

but yeah ill defly check that cooling line and all of them for that matter. it hasnt done the smoke thing the entire past week. so im hoping its gone for good.. haha

Demon1024
04-16-2011, 09:49 PM

^^^ 2x ^^^ my bets right there. You really can't reuse the gaskets in there.