PDA

View Full Version : where can I get the weatherstrip for an 80 accord sedan?

eduardo i.
04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
As the title says, Im looking for the weatherstrip of an 80 accord sedan; need the front windshield and the rear glass one; as they are really brittle and I need to fix some rust under them.

Can consider used ones that are still flexible
Please help I have searched everywhere including locally but no one has them:nervous:

80hatch
08-06-2011, 08:25 AM
A bit old, but I'll jump on this.. I have the same problem. Rust under the wheaterstrips... :( Both rear and front window.... I think the glass is held by the chrome trim, and you should be able to push the glass out with the trim removed and save the old wheaterstrip. But new moulding would be preferable... Called a professional glass dealer and he said that they may be able to get it for the front window but not the rear. He hasn't called back to confirm though.. Does anyone know where to find original wheatherstrip? Does universal window moulding exist??

eduardo i.
08-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I couldnt find one. Ill just glue mine on place, first I cut out the front windshield rubber all around; then ill place some rubber strips to prevent the glass from hitting the metal and then fill the gap with windshield urethane. After that; ill glue the top of the old weatherstrip on place.

ps. Be careful trying to save the old rubber; I broke my parts car windshield trying to save it( must point out i had done it before with good results but apparently this time the weatherstrip was too old . good luck : )