PDA

View Full Version : Aww Man, What Now!?!?!!

JDMPrelude23
04-15-2011, 10:29 AM
My car started making this noise a few days ago while i was driving... Its sounds like theres a piece of metal getting smacked around in the motor... I thought it was a bad water pump so i changed that and the noise is still there... I didnt open the engine for no reason, just the valve cover, but i looked in there where the valve springs are at and everything looks fine.... any ideas what can it be???

I even re-did the timing, cause i also thought it might be bad timing.. and still

Oldblueaccord
04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Sounds bad. Assuming none of the accessories are going bad youll have to pull the oil pan and take a look. Could drain the oil in a clean container and give it a look. grayish look is bearings being ate up.

wp

JDMPrelude23
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Hmm, oil actually does look type grayish, and has alil green from the anti freeze goin into the engine some how lol... what bearings tho??

YK86
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Can you post up a vid of the motor making that sound? If not, does it sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjednQ1tay8

2oodoor
04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
more likely head gasket failure unless you been revving the nuts off it...

need to hear it, if it sounds like a room full of people snapping shut their zippo lighters then yeah....

anubis_4_99
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
My car started making this noise a few days ago while i was driving... Its sounds like theres a piece of metal getting smacked around in the motor... I thought it was a bad water pump so i changed that and the noise is still there... I didnt open the engine for no reason, just the valve cover, but i looked in there where the valve springs are at and everything looks fine.... any ideas what can it be???

I even re-did the timing, cause i also thought it might be bad timing.. and still

drain the oil and do an oil change.

look for silver shavings of metal, if they are there, you my friend are looking at a rebuild

also, if you start noticing a loss in power, stop driving the car asap! if you dont the engine will seize and then your screwed

JDMPrelude23
04-16-2011, 06:46 AM
Can you post up a vid of the motor making that sound? If not, does it sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjednQ1tay8

YOOOOO it sounds just like that lol..

It cant' be the gasket cause its new and its a swapped motor, it only has alil over 60k

Dr_Snooz
04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
:(

YK86
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
YOOOOO it sounds just like that lol..

It cant' be the gasket cause its new and its a swapped motor, it only has alil over 60k

Unfortunately, that is a very bad sound. You probably have a rod bearing going out if it's like the video.

The coolant though.....don't have an explanation for that. Did you change the headgasket or know the history of it? Was the head resurfaced?

MessyHonda
04-17-2011, 09:06 PM
yeah once the oil is gray you will need a rebuild

JDMPrelude23
04-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately, that is a very bad sound. You probably have a rod bearing going out if it's like the video.

The coolant though.....don't have an explanation for that. Did you change the headgasket or know the history of it? Was the head resurfaced?

Yea guess ima change those when i get a chance.. Yea the headgasket is new, i changed it cause it was burnin coolant.. idk the history or if it was resurfaced, i doubt it.

yeah once the oil is gray you will need a rebuild

The grey oil was cause the headgasket was messed up and i was using water in the radiator so water got mixed into the oil... but once i did the oil change after i took off the valve cover and cleaned up everything, the oil went back to normal color

but i've really been thinkin about rebuilding it though

YK86
04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
You changed the headgasket but didn't resurface the head? Any time you have coolant leaking in, you need to resurface the head.

Hell, I get the head resurfaced even if the head came from a perfectly good motor. These aluminum heads get warped even from unbolting the headbolts in the wrong order.

AccordB20A
04-23-2011, 12:27 PM
probably rooted the bottom end from having watery oil going through your bearings..