PDA

View Full Version : just a question...i might sound dumb so sorrrrry

RallyKid
04-16-2011, 04:25 PM
hey guys. i know i want to get a new intake for my 89 lx sedan. and defly a new muffler. now, ive heard that those will boost the performance a bit. i want to get a k&n (of course) and i found the muffler i want, just cant find the paper i wrote the number down on... anyway, would those boost the horsepower exaclty? and itl affect the mpgs too right? again, i know i might sound dumb, and sorry. lol. i just want to learn about my car inside and out and get better at this stuff. thanks guys!

anubis_4_99
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
all of that has been discussed quite a bit, but its been reported by a few individuals on the site that i've seen, saying they have lost MPG's with the K&N

it's also said to be fairly bad for the engine in the long run. upto you though

the best place you will get gains is header, exhaust, intake, from there you gotta put some cash into it

a muffler wont really help you too much until you open up your exhaust first

RallyKid
04-16-2011, 06:21 PM
all of that has been discussed quite a bit, but its been reported by a few individuals on the site that i've seen, saying they have lost MPG's with the K&N

it's also said to be fairly bad for the engine in the long run. upto you though

the best place you will get gains is header, exhaust, intake, from there you gotta put some cash into it

a muffler wont really help you too much until you open up your exhaust first

yeah ive seen it be discussed a bit too. thanks for tellin me that! helped a lot