PDA

View Full Version : upper supprt arm/lower supprt arm wtf?

89BadBoy
10-13-2002, 03:53 PM
OKay the other day i was driving, thank god slowly and i heard a loud pop and lots of rubbing... i got out and checked my wheel and it was sitting like \ what broke is what i'm being told is an upper support arm, the ball bearing wore down and poped out. well what is that really? i dont know and i'm getting prices from $20-130 no one tells me the same thing...

a better discription is the arm above the tire that comes out from the body

thanks
Michael

anchovies
10-13-2002, 06:58 PM
upper arm
when you go to the store ask them for an upper ball joint (front/rear)
I've seen alot of rear upper ball joint all fcked up in the junk yard today...the nut has just disintegrated. Well i can't say too much, mine is like that too. So go get new ones. It'll save your life and other.

markmdz89hatch
10-13-2002, 07:13 PM
hey 89badboy --> i'm thinking the guy you wanna talk to is Juan (oldschoolswap) and mention this little problem to him. I'm sure he'll have much to interject on this subject.. You'll find out why when you talk to him.

smufguy
10-13-2002, 08:20 PM
the upper control arm is normally 100 bucks just for the part from the dealer, i got both my fronts replaced for 250 with labor from my mechanic. U should be checking them for tear in the rubber bushing so that things like this wont happen. u buy a car, its one of the things u check. They got like 30K miles or some life for it regargind how u drive and where u drive.