PDA

View Full Version : Coupe to hatch compatable parts

Xaisk
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I searched and searched and havent found a solid list of parts that can be swapped back and forth from the coupe to the hatch.

Are the front fenders and doors the same? I was told everything in the front end was compatable but I want to make sure before I pull parts....

parkersnine
04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I posted a similar question awhile ago for coupe and really did not get much(1988 dx). I do think the front end parts are the same(I got a front fender from a 4 door and was compatible with the coupe) but cannot say about doors or inner door panels. Maybe others can help?

charliekuney
04-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Okay, here we go:

Coupes and hatches are the same from the front to the back of the doors, except for the hatch's lack of facelift parts (side moulding/bumper) and the hatch has a different wiper arm (rear wiper).

The fenders (well, everything from the firewall forward) from all models are the same and interchangeable.

1986 hatches have different seatbelt locations, therefore the door panels, belts, and rear upper interior pieces are not interchangeable with coupes or even 1987-1989 hatches.

This is all already posted somewhere. ;)

Also, coupes and sedans have the same chassis. Hatches are 4" shorter so the exhaust is not interchangeable with coupes and sedans. The front stuff is, though.

parkersnine
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
What about the trunk on the coupe? Is that a part that is compatible with anything else ?

forrest89sei
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
What about the trunk on the coupe? Is that a part that is compatible with anything else ?

Nope they won't work on a sedan and I'm sure they won't fit a hatch :kekeke:

lostforawhile
04-21-2011, 05:06 PM
the later doors won't fit early hatchbacks, the glass is different in the quarter windows, the glass is the same,but the glued on mountings are different, the rear hatch is the same, I think it's the 86 early 87 that have the same door panels, if it has the seat belts not attached to the doors they should be the same. the window trim on later hatchbacks won't fit early hatchbacks, the coupe carpet will fit hatchbacks and vice versa, they have the same floor pans, all hatchback taillights are the same, things like the dash etc are the same from year to year, but i'm not sure about the windshield