PDA

View Full Version : check timing

88lxi-shortram
04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
hey guys well i started the accord again today and it had kind of weird start.it cranked, sparked, skipped and ran again then after that it idled ok but tryed to die every now and then but when i gave it gas it revved up great and sometimes tryed to die out. my first guess was timing and my teacher confirmed it probably is timing. but we only had 10 minutes left in class until we decided to try and check it... as soon as i took the cover off we realized to check it is different than the cars weve done this year. we have a timing book to refer too as well but i know so many people here have done theirs and had good results that i need someone opinion on this.

Hauntd ca3
04-21-2011, 01:07 AM
you need to download the workshop manual for all the specs.
but the timing marks are on the flywheel.
i think the timing is 15 degrees btdc at 750 revs.

Dr_Snooz
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
The manual is available on the wiki (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals).

88lxi-shortram
04-21-2011, 02:44 PM
i figured it out today:D i put my cam at at tdc and walked over to the crank peek hole. when i looked inside my flexplate did not line up with the needle things so i placed it TDC and then went to the cams and its about a tooth or two off so monday illl be tackling that. i discussed alot of differentmethods with alot of people and decided im going to loosen the belt just enough to slide it off turn my cam to TDC, make sure my crank didnt move from TDC and reattach my belt and hopefully my problem will be fixed. but i did get to drive it today after about a year and dam it felt great :D

Dr_Snooz
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
You'll have better luck if you remove the cam gear bolt. Pull the gear off, realign and slide back on. Works like a charm. You don't even have to open up the lower cover.