PDA

View Full Version : engine slant!! pls help

CA5_KMT_LX
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
I have a 87 carb beauty... and when I got her she had ALL broken motor mounts. And I noticed the motor was leaning downward on the rightside(where the belts are). So, I changed allbthe motor mounts and I STILL have that downward lean on the rightside. The car has never been hit... all orignal body panels(thank god) everytime I put the cover on my carb the clamps hit the brake fluid container. Anything will help don't know if im losing power...

2drSE-i
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Damn thats some lean sir. Did you replace all of the mounts? Kind of sounds like your drivers side mount is severely bent or something.

88lxi-shortram
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
did you replace ALL of the mounts? including the one in the middle under the motor?

Pico
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
are you sure there is no frame damage, there are only 3 mounts, 4 if your automatic.
for the manual you have one on the front of the engine, one on the rear and one on the left side next to the timing cover. a/t has a 4th one on the tran side. there is also one other mount on the underside of the engine, it sits in a u shaped bracket but I dont see that one causing any problem

lostforawhile
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
most of the time they sell you the wrong front mount, a lot of people here have had this problem, it makes the front mount almost an inch higher then it's supposed to be. if it's this, you need the front motor mount bracket from the LXI, the cast one I believe, it will put the engine at the right height, i tried to find the correct mount for weeks once, and they were all wrong. no one has the correct part in their system.

lostforawhile
04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
the one on the left I made, the flange at the top is the correct height, the one on the right is the nappa replacement for the carb, you can see how much higher it is then it's supposed to be, all the ones i've found look like this
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/aug262009download310.jpg

88lxi-shortram
04-21-2011, 03:36 PM
i bought mine online and they look like the one he posted but you should post some pics of your slant issue... it may not be a big issue

TotaledTL
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
i bought mine online and they look like the one he posted but you should post some pics of your slant issue... it may not be a big issue

This is very interesting- I've noticed my engine slants toward the driver's side. I've had my mounts replaced recently but I don't recall if it slanted like that before. Do you know what the height measurement is for the correct one? Or the part # for the correct one? I have an '88 LX auto.

forrest89sei
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
This is very interesting- I've noticed my engine slants toward the driver's side. I've had my mounts replaced recently but I don't recall if it slanted like that before. Do you know what the height measurement is for the correct one? Or the part # for the correct one? I have an '88 LX auto.

Well After Some Research On My Honda Dealer heres What I Found:
Any 1986-1989 Accord DX/LX Auto Or 5 Speed - Any Body Style Uses this Part Number
50810-SE0-932

Any 1986-1989 Accord LXi/SE-i Auto Or 5 Speed - Any Body Style Uses This Part Number
50810-SE0-J31

forrest89sei
04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
So In Reply to Lost, I'm sure that Napa just stocks the EFI Mount for all 3rd Gen Accords vs stocking Both

lostforawhile
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
it wasn't just Nappa, it was autozone,advance,car quest, and every other parts store in town, I went and measured mounts, the correct height is 73MM, Thanks Cygnus!! If the mount is too high, you get the cast bracket from the LXI, bolt it on the block, and it should fix the problem, the carb uses the stamped steel bracket

A18A
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I had the same problem, I can't remember if I replaced anything or not. but on mine i think it was the middle of the motor risen up. but i remember when i had the lean, I pulled the motor out of the car (for a unrelated reason) and when I put it back in it was all straight again. so yeah maybe try just lifting the whole motor off its mounts and putting it back down

AccordB20A
04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
so u fullaz r saying the front mounts are different between certain models

Hauntd ca3
04-22-2011, 02:05 AM
it just wants to be a b20a

CA5_KMT_LX
04-22-2011, 09:48 AM
You know what.. about that mount on the bottom of the motor. Mine is gone to Shit, but when.I show the people at the "auto parts" place, they say its not a mount and they have no num for it?! Im sure it serves some.purspose...its their! Do I have to call the dealer for that piece?

CA5_KMT_LX
04-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Sidebar- when I changed the front mount I do remember be especially frustrated with how much tall the new mount was over the old one.. I had to jack the engine up much further. So you guys are sayin if I get the lx-i mount bracket, ill be square?

Pico
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
You know what.. about that mount on the bottom of the motor. Mine is gone to Shit, but when.I show the people at the "auto parts" place, they say its not a mount and they have no num for it?! Im sure it serves some.purspose...its their! Do I have to call the dealer for that piece?

there is a mount company named Westar that has the mount, part# em-5371.
Its called a front center mount

Hauntd ca3
04-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Sidebar- when I changed the front mount I do remember be especially frustrated with how much tall the new mount was over the old one.. I had to jack the engine up much further. So you guys are sayin if I get the lx-i mount bracket, ill be square?

you do have to watch out some times.
when i done a front engine mount on mine when i swapped from auto to manual, i still had to get an auto engine mount.
i tried the manual one, but it was different enough that it wouldnt fit

TotaledTL
04-22-2011, 10:34 PM
it wasn't just Nappa, it was autozone,advance,car quest, and every other parts store in town, I went and measured mounts, the correct height is 73MM, Thanks Cygnus!! If the mount is too high, you get the cast bracket from the LXI, bolt it on the block, and it should fix the problem, the carb uses the stamped steel bracket

Thanks for this info- it looks like you're correct. If you chk. the part #'s for the frt. mtr. mt. brkts., they are different (checked AT only, not sure abt. MT):

50825-SE0-A31 LX-i

50825-SE0-A00 LX

CzEcHy
04-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Ok wtf, my 88 lx auto has no mount on the tranny. All I have is a tiny rubber thing under the tranny on the center beam that can be adjusted front to back like 1/2 inch .... any pictures of this mount?