PDA

View Full Version : Darn!

mike-db
04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
So I've started to slowly replace some of the basic's in my accord, shes got 159 000 km's on it. (Closer to 160 000 actually) and the car used to be my grandmothers before that. I think she was the second owner. (Still have the bill of sale)

Anyways replaced the plugs for double platinum ones (#3 wiggles for some reason, probably stipped threads :( but does fit fine and she does fire).
Oil change, air filter, and I was going to replace the fuel filter though I was not able to get the old one out! Those bolts are on there like crazy, I could not even figure out a way to remove the special banjo bolt without damaging it. So I put the service bolt back in, I was told that it should just automatically rebuild pressure and would be all good...

Now my poor little accord seems to be leaking gas from the filter, whats up with that?

I remember seeing gas leaks before in our driveway but we were not sure if the leak was from my car or someone elses. I think this confirms it.

Think I can get some advice?

ShyBoyCA6
04-25-2011, 08:06 PM
So I've started to slowly replace some of the basic's in my accord, shes got 159 000 km's on it. (Closer to 160 000 actually) and the car used to be my grandmothers before that. I think she was the second owner. (Still have the bill of sale)

Anyways replaced the plugs for double platinum ones (#3 wiggles for some reason, probably stipped threads :( but does fit fine and she does fire).
Oil change, air filter, and I was going to replace the fuel filter though I was not able to get the old one out! Those bolts are on there like crazy, I could not even figure out a way to remove the special banjo bolt without damaging it. So I put the service bolt back in, I was told that it should just automatically rebuild pressure and would be all good...

Now my poor little accord seems to be leaking gas from the filter, whats up with that?

I remember seeing gas leaks before in our driveway but we were not sure if the leak was from my car or someone elses. I think this confirms it.

Think I can get some advice?

might be loose or missing an o ring

Dr_Snooz
04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
It's probably leaking at the service bolt you took out. You are supposed to replace the copper washer whenever you remove it. You can try over-torquing it and it might reseal, but you should really replace the filter. I usually remove the fuel filter bolts with an impact wrench. They get sticky, but impact takes them out real nice like. You won't even bend the bracket.

mike-db
05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
It's probably leaking at the service bolt you took out. You are supposed to replace the copper washer whenever you remove it. You can try over-torquing it and it might reseal, but you should really replace the filter. I usually remove the fuel filter bolts with an impact wrench. They get sticky, but impact takes them out real nice like. You won't even bend the bracket.

Over-torquing it did er' but I'm still at a loss as to how to get the special banjo bolt off?

lostforawhile
05-01-2011, 01:23 PM
you need to fix that loose spark plug before it gets worse, you can get kits from summit that fix the threads with the head on the car, also the fancy plugs aren't needed, this car runs best on plain old ngk v power plugs

Dr_Snooz
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Over-torquing it did er' but I'm still at a loss as to how to get the special banjo bolt off?

Impact wrench. It's not on there especially tight. It just needs a quick rap to jar it loose. Then it will come off really easily. If you don't have an impact wrench, try smacking a box end wrench with a hammer (if you can fit it in there). Or you can try holding the filter with a ChannelLock pliers so it doesn't move.