PDA

View Full Version : Lowering question

86_a20a3
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Hey guys, new to 3 geez, litterlly just got my first 3rd gen its a 86, 4 dr with the a20a3 carbd, it has the set of mesh wheels on it and i was wondering if someone could give me a reference as to how they look when painted and with smaller tires, also i am looking for some coil overs or some lowering springs, but im 17 and my money is tight, thanks for looking.

RAZR
04-27-2011, 08:57 AM
you have a a20a1 if its carbed
a20a3 is the fuel injected version

86_a20a3
04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
ah well a20a1, sorry, i never got to read the code on the block yet, the car isnt currently here yet.

88lxi-shortram
04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
dropzone has coilovers for our car fpr 107 + shipping. dont buy any of the ebay coilovers or springs unless the say 86-89 accord... anything else wont be a perfect fit and will ride like shit. i honestly think the meshies look good stock not painted and with a nice drop they will tuck very nicely will lower profile tires.since your moneys tight what i would do is buy the dropzones, ride on stock struts while u save money that way when they do blow (which with a decent drop is inevitable) you can buy some better aftermarket struts. but just remember if you buy the ebay stuff that saves you 50$, you will end up spending more buying good stuff because of how bad the ride will be... unless you just love a shitty ride lol

86_a20a3
04-28-2011, 03:18 AM
dropzone has coilovers for our car fpr 107 + shipping. dont buy any of the ebay coilovers or springs unless the say 86-89 accord... anything else wont be a perfect fit and will ride like shit. i honestly think the meshies look good stock not painted and with a nice drop they will tuck very nicely will lower profile tires.since your moneys tight what i would do is buy the dropzones, ride on stock struts while u save money that way when they do blow (which with a decent drop is inevitable) you can buy some better aftermarket struts. but just remember if you buy the ebay stuff that saves you 50$, you will end up spending more buying good stuff because of how bad the ride will be... unless you just love a shitty ride lol

thanks alot man, yeah i perfer the quality over price. and i tend to stay away from most ebay thing's ive seen and heard nothing but terrible things about ebay coil overs. but i appriciate all the help man really got a good foundation set in my mind atm.

88lxi-shortram
04-28-2011, 05:09 AM
heres the link for the dropzone

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1680

86_a20a3
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Hey man, thanks for all the help i really do appriciate it. i got the car home today. Needless to say the motor is gonna need some work. she blowing oil like a bitch. and i am pretty sure its running like it has some sort of vacum leak some where.

88lxi-shortram
04-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you know where it blows oilfrom? Also spray some starter fluid or something like that around the vaccum lines and see if idle does something different if it does the a leak if not it's fine. I'd jump on that oil problem before it becomes a huge problem