PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Plates

estooie
05-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Has anyone here had any problems with ordering personalized plates through DMV online?

I originally ordered mine with six letters, not knowing that plates have a seven letter GRID that they follow. My plates came out left-justified even though I put a half space before the first letter. I came back the next day and spoke with a manager. I was told they couldn't do anything about them, and that I should've said something right there when I picked them up before the plates were assigned to my car.

Since this was my screw-up, I went ahead and ordered a different set of plates online for my car. Six letters again, but this time I put the center letter as a full blank. Fearing that the plates would come out left-justified again, I added the same half space before the first letter.

Guess what you guys, the plates came out right-justified, crammed to the right side of the plate. I was like, WTF? So this time I spoke with the manager without picking up the plates. I showed her that the half space with both the plates I've ordered, one being barely there, and the other was a huge gap.

I gave up. I registered my car with regular plates, got rid of the ones I originally ordered, and sent the second one back with DMV to send to Sacramento (that's their policy) with a letter pleading for a correction on the plates. The order I made online was "/AAA*AAA". DMV's system showed it as "/AAA/AAA", with "/" as being a half space and "*" being the full space.

Anywho, I was told by one of the employees to never order plates from their site cuz it apparently always comes back screwed up. I just thought it was weird cuz I've ordered two different sets for two other cars in the past, and they came out great.

You guys got any stories on stuff like this happening to you, or am I just whining? Wait, I'll say it, yeah I'm whining. :sad2:

A18A
05-04-2011, 01:42 AM
nah I don't blame you. If I got personalized plates and they fucked up anything on it, i would bitch at them till they fix it too. mind you over here they cost a minimum of $800 :sad2: and for that price i wouldn't expect anything less than perfection

2drSE-i
05-04-2011, 06:01 AM
nah I don't blame you. If I got personalized plates and they fucked up anything on it, i would bitch at them till they fix it too. mind you over here they cost a minimum of $800 :sad2: and for that price i wouldn't expect anything less than perfection

Good god New Zealand is expensive on cars....

DBMaster
05-04-2011, 06:31 AM
The way I drive I don't want anything on my car that makes it easier for someone to remember!

A18A
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Good god New Zealand is expensive on cars....

tell me about it lol

Dr_Snooz
05-04-2011, 11:45 AM
the way i drive i don't want anything on my car that makes it easier for someone to remember!

:d <-----stupid useless forum emoticons.