PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Trouble....

88WhiteLX-i
05-10-2002, 01:15 PM
yeah guys what' up?? Well I have power windows in my 88 LX-i and my drivers side window broke about a year ago and the whole window tilted and the actual motor broke off the inside of the door where it's bolted to the door and I put some wood under it to hold the window up for now. BUt I want to get it fixed, has anyone had this problem before??? The glass on the window is all scratched up too so I need that shit fixed now before the summer hits. Well lemme know if anyone has had this problem, thanks guys!!

:bow: bows once again to the mighty 3Geez board and all her magical powers......

YK86
05-10-2002, 04:36 PM
I did a how to on removing the assembly. It's in the FAQ section I think (titled "removing window regulator").

88WhiteLX-i
05-10-2002, 11:03 PM
I actually cut the wire going to the power motor I think I ned to get another one from the junk yark, but Iam wondering how hard it is to do should I try to do it myself ,or go and see how much it would cost at a mechanic or some shit??? I need that window to go down it sucks so hard especially during the summer... thanks guys for your help.....:sadwave:

88WhiteLX-i
05-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Come on guys I need some help with this the summer is coming and it would suck to have to drive around again with my drivers window up AGAIN...:mad: :banghead: :burn:

YK86
05-11-2002, 05:09 PM
I thought my post would be enough. Anyways, all you need is a couple screwdrivers and a 10mm socket. A shop will probably rip you off and it's not that hard to do it yourself. The front windows come out very easy and so does the regulator and motor. The rears are a bit more trickier. If the wires are cut, just splice them back together. If you totally ripped it out of the motor, pick up a used ones from the junkyard (don't pay anymore than $35). If you can't find one, I have some in good shape I don't need.