PDA

View Full Version : Need help Identifying this!

JDMPrelude23
05-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Ight so my rod bearings on piston 3 are chipped and need to be replaced. I went to the dealer and he told me i need a color that you can tell by the numbers on the connecting rod and crank. all i seen was a 3 on the connecting rod and a 1 on the crank.. I assumed the color was Yellow, but it was the wrong piece, and i cant return special order parts... Can someone tell me how can i properly identify them, where to look and what color they might be!

2ndGenGuy
05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I didn't think you could still get the OEM A20 bearings... Either way, the color code should be on the side of the bearing, it will be pretty faint. There should also be some kind of an indicator on the block as to what bearing was used, if I recall correctly. It should say in the factory service manual how to identify.

JDMPrelude23
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Yea the guy told me theres only 3 left and its in Cali and i happen to have 1 pair so theres 2 pairs left in the US lol.. but yea anyways, i cant see the color on the old bearing cuz its chipped thats why my car was making metal to metal noise while driving. I even punched in a VIN # at the online honda store and they still giving me different colors, i thought giving the VIN # will make it precise, guess not.

and i looked in the service manual thats how i got yellow, i must of identified it wrong.. Ima look and try again. Maybe ill just order every color to just get it over with lol