PDA

View Full Version : Settling time for springs

newaccorddriver
05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
How long does it take for a set of springs to settle? There is some side to side differences when I measure up from the ground. The drivers side seems to sit almost an inch lower then the passenger side.

As far as I can tell, pretty much all the suspension pieces are relatively new as the previous owner never drove the car that much to begin with. The only possible bad thing is that I left the car on jack stands for probably 3 years or so, so the bushings might have seized up or something. Other then that, I don't know why its sitting uneven other then it hasn't settled in yet.

frantik
05-17-2011, 01:49 AM
i swear when i first got my springs i thought the drivers side was also lower for a while. if the car is parked on the street all the time (like mine) then it is possible the tilt of the road could affect the springs.

i dont notice it any more so either it went away or it just stopped bothering me lol

newaccorddriver
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
My Accord sits tilted a bit when its sitting on my driveway, and theres no tilt on it. What worries me is I have to get it inspected and that might cause it to fail