PDA

View Full Version : Another bumper post

Australian 86
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Ok so i have scoured the posts for a good few hours but i have yet to find a definitive answer on which bumpers easily fit on the 3G accord. I have an '86 hatch back (a very cool looking car) which has the shitty saab looking bumpers on it. I want to change it for something more low/ aggressive looking that isn't too hard to fit, (ie, no need for putty or adding any bits on (taking away is fine)). I am planning on spraying them entirely to match the red of the car because i think the red duco, mixed with black bumpers looks very dated...
What is a good solution?

charliekuney
05-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Facelift with a lip.

A18A
05-19-2011, 11:31 PM
yeah^ integra bumpers look good too. not sure whats needed to make them work or how much modification is needed to look right

mykwikcoupe
05-20-2011, 05:11 AM
The integra bumpers dont flow witht he car and leave the corner markers sticking out further then the bumper. We have a post about which bumpers all fit. I believe its in the appearance section as a sticky called bodykits or something. People went pretty extensive trying to fit anything.

Your choice is a body kit, FACELIFT 88-89 coupe or sedan bumper. Anythng else will require work and wont look very good on the car. The best I can think of, search screen names Military Mase, Bullard,

MessyHonda
05-21-2011, 02:58 PM
any lip makes our bumpers look good or a lower bumper cover works too

Australian 86
05-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Ok great, that's clarified a few things for me. I'll definitely just go for the facelifted accord bumper (is that any accord from 88-89?). then install a front lip from an integra/ prelude or something, and give 'em all a good spray of red.

Did the rear bumper also get a face lift from generation to generation? And would they be different from the sedan to my hatch?

Thanks guys this has helped alot!

lostforawhile
05-21-2011, 06:14 PM
nothing will fit the rear of the hatch but the hatch rear bumper, same for the inner steel piece, anything from the third generation will fit the front, do you have the solid amber or the ones with the built in parking light? I'm not sure whats required where you are, if you have the one with the parking light, it will only fit the non facelift bumper, unless they make one for other countries that fits the facelift bumper. I got my ones with the parking lights from poland, here we get the soild amber for 86-87 and the facelifted lights for 88-89, they aren't interchangeable

Australian 86
05-21-2011, 06:27 PM
On the bumpers i only have indicator lights (if you don't mind check my newbie post where i have posted pictures of the front of the car). So.... that's good news right? i can change it for any front bumper???
Thanks for the fast reply!

lostforawhile
05-21-2011, 06:31 PM
yea you are good, some countries require the parking light

Australian 86
05-21-2011, 06:36 PM
great thanks for that! i think after i have all my uni exams done ill head down to the wreckers and grab a bumper and a lip, thanks guys!

Australian 86
05-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry for double post, but one last quick question. Do I need the metal bar part ofthe bumper too, or just the face?
Thanks

lostforawhile
05-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Sorry for double post, but one last quick question. Do I need the metal bar part ofthe bumper too, or just the face?
Thanks

only the plastic, but it's a lot easier to grab the entire thing then it is to take off the plastic. there are a bunch of fasteners holding it, and they tend to rust

A18A
05-22-2011, 06:45 AM
The integra bumpers dont flow witht he car and leave the corner markers sticking out further then the bumper. We have a post about which bumpers all fit. I believe its in the appearance section as a sticky called bodykits or something. People went pretty extensive trying to fit anything.

Your choice is a body kit, FACELIFT 88-89 coupe or sedan bumper. Anythng else will require work and wont look very good on the car. The best I can think of, search screen names Military Mase, Bullard,

I was talking about the older integra bumpers, the ones that are too long and require some chopping.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/Haasyboy25/IMG_1406.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/Haasyboy25/IMG_1434.jpg
probably not worth the effort if you like the facelift accord bumper anyway

charliekuney
05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
only the plastic, but it's a lot easier to grab the entire thing then it is to take off the plastic. there are a bunch of fasteners holding it, and they tend to rust

This. I found out the hard way. :(

Australian 86
05-23-2011, 03:47 AM
I was talking about the older integra bumpers, the ones that are too long and require some chopping.

i really like the bumpers on those pics, when you mean older bumpers, do you mean the pre face lifted integra, or the 3g in general???
How much work is really required to do the conversion?

A18A
05-23-2011, 02:49 PM
the integras with pop-up lights
http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/A10113_b.jpg
i'm not sure what's needed to make them fit, but you do seem to need to cut the ends off so they're flush with the fenders

AccordB20A
05-24-2011, 12:21 AM
good fucking luck finding a facelift one of those

Australian 86
05-25-2011, 03:39 AM
hmmm can someone clarify exactly which piece i need to take off that makes it easier??? i had a look in my workshop manual of my car. But there only seemed to be a few metal brackets... i was under the impression you guys meant i should take something like a bar off to make it easier...
is there no bar on the pre face lift and one on the latter one, or am i completely on the wrong track....