PDA

View Full Version : Carb to EFI conversion...cabin wire harness differences..

Susanoo
05-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I've got the 2dr DX and my only choice for a part car in 3-4 months is a 4 door LXi....

The cabin harness has to be changed to do the conversion from carb to PGM-Fi

Not only is it a 4 door...its an auto...so my question is...will the 4 door automatic cabin harness work on my two door manual...

I know that there are many plugs that wont be plugged into anything but will everything still work out? besides the seatbelt retractor stuff....

A18A
05-21-2011, 12:00 AM
i dunno what all the electrical differences are between the 2, but if there's lots, then it might be easier to strip the efi part of the loom out of the 4dr lxi one and integrate it into your current loom

Susanoo
05-21-2011, 01:19 PM
i dunno what all the electrical differences are between the 2, but if there's lots, then it might be easier to strip the efi part of the loom out of the 4dr lxi one and integrate it into your current loom

thats exactly what i was considering...need to research it more before i go this route though..

The only differences i've noticed SO FAR...

I dont have power windows....the 4dr lxi does so theres two extra connectors there, however i plan on adding power windows at some point so i plan to keep them...

All the switches and sensors on the auto shifter...i've got a manual and there are no connecors...there were about 4-5 on the auto, from 2 to 4 wire's per connector...

Theres two other doors so theres two more door contacts and two more power windows on the lxi's rear harness...now Im not replacing the rear harness because i dont need to, the rear harness and cabin harnesses connect between models. So there are a few extra wires on the lxi's harness that i wont need so i might remove them for a "clean install"...i dont really want a ton of useless wires under my dash if they're never going to get used...

I've got the dx heater/ac controls so im sure theres a few extra wires that connect to the dash harness or the heater assembly...