PDA

View Full Version : Chedda J's Auto Bushings/Short shifters ect.

chedda_jsauto
05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Im not here to intrude on anyone on the site, im not a spammer, and I will appologize for violating any selling rules before I start.

So I'm well known in the first gen crx / third gen civic sites as chedda_j, first as an enthusiast, but now as provider of rare parts that are hard to find for our cars. I usually do group buys on most of my items like bushings, but items like shifters, and strut bars, i will make to order.

Ive posted on Preludepower that I have baught a second gen prelude and im going to be making performance parts, and currently there is a group buy/interest thread for bushings in the front and rear control arms, lateral arms, and shifter bushings. This is all better described in this page here:

I just wanted to let you guys in on this because i know lots of the parts are interchangeable between the cars, the shifters definetely.

chedda_jsauto
05-31-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh and sorry for no links or images, not allowed yet.

Pico
06-01-2011, 05:11 AM
sounds good...keeps posted on this as things get updated

chedda_jsauto
06-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Ok now that i can post, heres an idea of what im going to be building.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2790248&posted=1#post2790248

Heres an idea for the bushings.

Shifter bushings listed here: $35 including all the bushings, new bolts, nuts, and washer. (8 bushings)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/preludeshifterbushings.jpg

The rear bars: Complete set $100

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/Preluderearbushings.jpg

The front lower: Complete set $50

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/Preludefrontbushings.jpg

Heres a picture of the short shifters I build. Fully adjustable for as short as a throw as you want.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00179-20110329-2100.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00178-20110329-2100.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/DSC03151.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/DSC03150.jpg

Rendon LX-i
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
wow your going to be making some money my friend if you start selling those here. BTW WELCOME

gfrg88
06-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Glad you made it over here chedda :wave:

wh1skea
06-02-2011, 07:10 AM
How much are you looking at for the short shifters?

88LXi68
06-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome. I would be interested in the front and rear bushings.

dacantu
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Group buys and 3geez are bad luck. I would like to sweet a few members receive their product before purchasing anything myself.

chedda_jsauto
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh i dont blame you for being sceptical, i know people have got f'ed around on some of these sites, but ive been doing this for little over a year now and i can gaurentee that im not going to screw you out of your money, and yes i will be building a few sets for the guys on prelude power first and if all goes well you can go ahead and buy a set, but the group buy has been started already.

Short shifter prices

Single bend $125 shipped
Dual bend $145 shipped

forrest89sei
06-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Nice! Welcome to the Forum! One Day I will have a 2G Lude or a 3G Accord and I will hit you up for a short throw

2oodoor
06-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Welcome. I would be interested in the front and rear bushings.

x2 hurry

Rendon LX-i
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in for the shifter bushings kit

chedda_jsauto
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
The short shifters are 125 shipped for a single bend short shifter, and its 140 for a dual bend short shifter. The lower end bushings are included with the shifter, or you can get the bearings, each way works good.

Dr_Snooz
06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
More aftermarket parts are always appreciated. Welcome!

Oldblueaccord
06-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi, nice pictures of the short shifters I really like them. I have great results using the baked nylon (blue) for bushings. I pretty much have everything solid on the front.

I would warn you if you do the UCA that the holes vary more than .010" so to make a bushing that would press fit I think you would have to make them to the arm and sell it arm and all. Just my thoughts. Also the inner bushing on the LCA the car frame could vary a lot and cause a fitment problem as well.

Good Luck!

wp

Dr_Snooz
06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Old Blue, do you have the coolest car I've never seen? Why don't you post some pics some time?

Australian 86
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
How soon do you recon these will be ready? im keen for some shifter bushings, im assuming postage to Australia would be something like $20...

Australian 86
06-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know if Chedda is still around? Ill definitely buy a set of the shifter bushings as long as they're not going to take tooooo long...

chedda_jsauto
06-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Sorry i havent been on the site very much, ive been busy working on my Lude, getting it back to running condition.

My next endevor is Adjustable Spherical Radius Rods. I have alot of interest in these, and i will be making a set of lateral arms as well eventually. These are just the first step towards upgrading the rear of the car to help with the terrible rusting and flexing.

I will be making shifter bushing kits aswell, dont worry im not running away. Just busy with some new products like the trailing arms and rear shock tower bushings for the crx.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00238-20110611-1444.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00229-20110604-1807-1.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
06-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Short shifters huh? i may be interested in 2 single bends hehe let me know when you do single orders. i dont do group buys :thumbup:

chedda_jsauto
06-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Short shifters huh? i may be interested in 2 single bends hehe let me know when you do single orders. i dont do group buys :thumbup:

Oh, i do the shifters to order, no group buys, the only group buys i do are the bushings kits ;)

ShyBoyCA6
06-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh, i do the shifters to order, no group buys, the only group buys i do are the bushings kits ;)

Awesome!!! well are you on prelude power alot? so i could get in contact with you when im ready to order both of them :)

Australian 86
06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry to be a bit of a nag but when do you think i will be able to order the shifter bushings by? My gear box is a little stiff for my girlfriend to drive at the moment... not such a bad thing actually... :kekeke:

chedda_jsauto
06-25-2011, 07:19 AM
I wont be building shifter bushing kits untill i see some real interest, i have infact already made kits for these cars and they worked great, so what i need is more or less a group buy of 10 people before i make them. I dont really like making short runs of bushings, because like i said before, its really not worth it for me to go up to my shop and work on a kit thats worth maybe 15 dollars profit, know what im saying. Maybe if you guys are really interested then we can do an "interested list" with the people you really want a kit.

Oh and yes, im on prelude power all the time, you can find all my posts there under chedda_j, and i do have a forsale thread there with the shifters i build. Check it out bud, pm me when your ready. Time expectancy is about a week or so before i can ship something out when you pay for it, as i make most parts to order.

Australian 86
06-25-2011, 09:44 PM
well definitely put me down for a set of shifters bushings... how many people do you have interested at the moment?

chedda_jsauto
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
well definitely put me down for a set of shifters bushings... how many people do you have interested at the moment?

I have lots intersted, but whos serious, know what im saying?

Australian 86
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Very serious!

could you please send me a quote soon for;
-shifter bushings (im guessing they dont need sleeves, but if they do, go ahead)
-Rear bars (with sleeves)
-Front lower (with sleeves)
-Postage to Australia

Come on people Chedda is doing us all a great service, lets get behind this so we can have another source of aftermarket parts!

(plus i want my parts soon!) :slap:

chedda_jsauto
07-04-2011, 09:02 PM
-shifter bushings : No sleeves $39.50 a set shipped to usa
-Rear bars (with sleeves) $110.00 a set shipped to usa
-Front lower (with sleeves) $80.00 a set shipped to usa
-Postage to Australia +15-20 on each package (group items conciderd 1 package)

lostforawhile
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
good products, just to let you know, there is already an energy suspension kit for the civics that fits our car,it replaces the torque rod bushing in the shifter, and the rear shifter support bushing, the rear support bushings tear in half, and you get a misaligned shifter and very sloppy shifting, another item you may be interested in making, is the metal plate that goes under the rear shifter bushing, they are discontinued from Honda. it's a plate, and two metal bushings that go through the rear support bushing, they have to be reused when replacing that bushing, on the shift bushing itself, the one connected to the bottom of the shift arm, i've found an aluminum bushing, combined with the two factory nylon pieces works excellent.

Australian 86
07-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow isn't that a little steep on postage?
I may have misunderstood what you mean... But just recently I got 2 motor mounts sent out registered from the u.s. For $50 and it only took a week. And I'm sure that these would be a lot smaller and lighter than 2 motor mounts...
Apologies if I have misunderstood.

chedda_jsauto
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow isn't that a little steep on postage?
I may have misunderstood what you mean... But just recently I got 2 motor mounts sent out registered from the u.s. For $50 and it only took a week. And I'm sure that these would be a lot smaller and lighter than 2 motor mounts...
Apologies if I have misunderstood.

Sorry, when i put it down i had in my mind that i was shipping a large product, the shipping would only increase by $5.00, my appologies.

Australian 86
07-11-2011, 12:24 AM
All cool,
Let me know when they're all done and i can post though the payment.

By the way, do you recommend sleeves with the shifter bushings as well... or are they not as important because they aren't weight baring (unlink the rest of them)

Thanks chedda!

Doward
07-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Can we get pics of these in car, maybe a video comparing stock vs both of yours?

Highly interested :)

lostforawhile
07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
All cool,
Let me know when they're all done and i can post though the payment.

By the way, do you recommend sleeves with the shifter bushings as well... or are they not as important because they aren't weight baring (unlink the rest of them)

Thanks chedda!
i would get the energy suspension kit for the torque rod bushing and rear shifter support bushing, and combine it with what he has for sale, the rear support bushing is the most forgotten one, and it supports the weight of the entire shifter, the shift rod,plus the opposing torque when you shift gears

lostforawhile
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
here's my thread on rebuilding my shifter, I'm not selling them or anything, I have some clear pictures up of these bushings, and this will help to show what he's selling. I have my own version of the shift bushing at the transmission, probably like the one he's selling, I already had a couple promised for some people, but i'm not really able to build anything on a production level

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73680

chedda_jsauto
07-13-2011, 07:37 PM
i would get the energy suspension kit for the torque rod bushing and rear shifter support bushing, and combine it with what he has for sale, the rear support bushing is the most forgotten one, and it supports the weight of the entire shifter, the shift rod,plus the opposing torque when you shift gears

I wouldnt get the torque rod bushing, but the rear square support bushing i would get from energy.

I see that you made yours out of aluminum, in the world of shifter bushings, ive heard some bad things about aluminum bushings. Ive made myself as a set, and made a set for a wrx sti. But after all the work we did, we discovered that the shifts are just too harsh on the gear box, and if the bushings are out .005", they are loose or too tight.

So what i do is use uhmw, the material still has a little bit of give. The material does not wear with use like aluminum, rubber ect. Its graphite impregnated so the shifts are smooth.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00078-20110206-1935.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00075-20110205-1740.jpg

itzdave
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
so when can we expect some shifters?

gfrg88
07-13-2011, 08:15 PM
FYI, he's got shifters already ;)

gfrg88
07-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Correction.. doesn't have them already, but can make them whenever you want.. they're the same as the civic/crx.. some peeps from pp are already using them with very good reviews..

lostforawhile
07-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I wouldnt get the torque rod bushing, but the rear square support bushing i would get from energy.

I see that you made yours out of aluminum, in the world of shifter bushings, ive heard some bad things about aluminum bushings. Ive made myself as a set, and made a set for a wrx sti. But after all the work we did, we discovered that the shifts are just too harsh on the gear box, and if the bushings are out .005", they are loose or too tight.

So what i do is use uhmw, the material still has a little bit of give. The material does not wear with use like aluminum, rubber ect. Its graphite impregnated so the shifts are smooth.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00078-20110206-1935.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00075-20110205-1740.jpg

I ran that bushing for years and never had shift problems, I just took it apart recently, and I can't see any unusual wear on the piece. the outer part of the bushing are the factory nylon pieces, the aluminum part replaces the rubber piece which is very mushy and fails in a short period of time, as far as the torque rod bushing, it comes in the energy suspension kit already, thats an important one, as it holds the shift assembly to the transmission pin, if it's worn out, when you shift, instead of that motion going into the shift, some of it goes into the torque rod moving instead, I explained this in the other post, but the torque rod at the transmission, rotates with the engine as it moves during acceleration, the transmission twists in the motor mounts as torque is applied to the wheels, this causes the transmission pin to push back against the entire shift assembly. the entire assembly, torque rod, shift rod, shifter, etc, actually slides back and forth on the rear bushing pin, it's a brilliant design, as it eliminates all shifter binding, on a rear wheel drive car, this wouldn't be an issue, but with front wheel drive, the engine rotates in line with the wheel torque, causing everything to twist. The more play you take out of the system, the more precise and solid the shifts are.
as far as the bushing being out by .005, that's a lot, Ray Charles must be doing the machining. I held this one to .0003, thats four places not three, just enough to keep grease in there

gfrg88
07-13-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm sure if you're not shifting fast/hard aluminum wouldn't be too bad.. but for racers, it's horrible..

lostforawhile
07-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm sure if you're not shifting fast/hard aluminum wouldn't be too bad.. but for racers, it's horrible..

i was editing my post, the pin is in the center, but it has the two factory nylon pieces on each end, it's not wearing directly on the aluminum, I put a lot of miles on that bushing with pretty fast shifts and it's always been smooth with no issues.

Doward
07-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Can we get pics of these in car, maybe a video comparing stock vs both of yours?

Highly interested :)

bryan6732
07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm really interested in a short shifter! :)

itzdave
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
bump. i paid, when are u gunna make these?

itzdave
08-15-2011, 02:16 PM
i think im gunna contact paypal and try to get my money back, im thinkin this guy bailed...

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
itzdave if you can get the two nylon pieces i can make you one of the aluminum pieces like i've got, it makes a big difference combined with the energy suspension civic kit

Australian 86
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
It would be a real shame if chedda had bailed...
Have you tried contacting him over on prelude power?
He often takes a while to respond here.

2ndGenGuy
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Looks like the chedda is moldy. wah wah wah.

2drSE-i
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Looks like the chedda is moldy. wah wah wah.

:bowrofl:

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
It looks like Chedda went Vieux Boulogne on us

itzdave
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I paid for a shifter and havent heard from him since. Can't send a pm on PP cuz I don't have 10 posts and his old for sale thread got locked I think. But I sent him an email today if I don't hear back within a week I'm Gunna try to get my money back...

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I paid for a shifter and havent heard from him since. Can't send a pm on PP cuz I don't have 10 posts and his old for sale thread got locked I think. But I sent him an email today if I don't hear back within a week I'm Gunna try to get my money back...
you can file a claim with paypal now, and try to contact him through the dispute resolution center , that will give you a better chance of getting your money back

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 09:49 PM
hmmmm, he has the same thread on Prelude power in the second gen section, and apparently he has actually sent out the shifters to people

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
here's the thread, apparently the things really do exist
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342098

Cheeseburger
08-15-2011, 10:03 PM
OHHH nice!!!!

lostforawhile
08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
there might be something going on with him, as it appears after reading his threads that he has a pretty good reputation, I know Prelude power banned him temporarily because they assumed he was a spammer but that was fixed, the 2nd gen guys got so mad they got him unbanned. There are pictures up of the parts and posts from people who have gotten the items promised, apparently at prelude power now, if you try to sell something and don't buy a vendors license you get banned by the mods with the happy ban stick.

itzdave
08-16-2011, 04:26 AM
Yea I know, I did a little bit of searching first, that's why I figured he was legit...

2drSE-i
08-18-2011, 07:08 AM
This was posted on PP yesterday

Ya im still around, just working on moving all my stuff from the shop im in right now to another shop. So ive been busy, know what im saying. I do have alot of interest in making parts. Il keep you guys updated.
He needs to contact you and let you know whats up though

itzdave
08-18-2011, 10:04 AM
yes he do

itzdave
08-22-2011, 09:04 PM
found him on facebook and sent him a message. real name - jordain brulotte...

gfrg88
08-25-2011, 07:06 AM
redpepperracing.com

That's his forum. Look for him there ;)

itzdave
08-25-2011, 10:12 AM
He finally sent me an email back, saying that he thought he told me he was moving shops, but he said he is about to start back up on making these...

itzdave
08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Yea I apperceive, I did a little bit of analytic aboriginal, that's why I ample he was accepted...

the fuck did you just say?!:slap:
:dunno:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/zjrk/forum%20fun/englishmf0ui.jpg

lostforawhile
08-26-2011, 08:41 PM
the fuck did you just say?!:slap:
:dunno:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/zjrk/forum%20fun/englishmf0ui.jpg

it's a spam-puter trying to sound human already reported

Australian 86
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
hey im just checking in here and prelude power to see whats the deal-io on these bushings, im sort of getting to the point where i need them badly so i'd really like to know how soon i can get the parts...

bryan6732
09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
itzdave, you got the parts you ordered already?

chedda_jsauto
10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
I didnt bail in any sort, i have been contacting you via email to give you updates. The real problem was that all the messages i was getting from this site were going right to my junk email so i wasnt getting any of them untill i actually came back on the site. so as soon as i realized what was happening ive been in constant contact with you dave.

The shifter is complete, i can have photos up tonight. Im going to ship it from here, tonight or tomorrow, but if possible i might run down to the states to get it expedited from eureka so its faster.

I really applogize for being so damn tardy, i always try to get the parts made and shipped within a couple weeks but i infact did move my shop. I had my shop at an old friends place and was half way through a ton of orders and he stopped by my house to say that i had to move all my stuff in the next couple days because the house was going up for sale, which was a real pain in my ass, try finding another shop to put all of my machining tools. Its taken a long time and ive had to say no to alot of orders and ive had to battle with probably three customers on orders that i already accepted thier orders and purchased all the materials. So im realy sorry itzdave, i dont scam anyone, ive gaven away more free parts for people when i started this company than i can even remember. I would love to keep you guys on my side, and understand what happened.

I should have posted on the site, but i honestly thought that me and dave were just dealing with this by ourselves. Again, il have some photos of your shifter tonight. Again i appologize, and as soon as i get some of those shifter bushing kits made up il be sending a set to dave for free.

chedda_jsauto
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Here you go, i upgraded the ball just lately to a micropolished poly ball for the smoothest throw possible.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00321-20111004-2025.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00320-20111004-2025.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/cheddaj/IMG00319-20111004-2022.jpg

itzdave
10-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Its all good man, no worries.we appreciate that there are people like you are available and put forth the effort for people with limited aftermarket support.

bryan6732
10-04-2011, 09:52 PM
we appreciate that there are people like you are available and put forth the effort for people with limited aftermarket support.

^This!

Let me know when you're ready to take orders again! ;)

chedda_jsauto
10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
^This!

Let me know when you're ready to take orders again! ;)

Im just making up 20 bushing kits for my sister company in the states and il be ready to make some other stuff, like shifters ect.

Nio
10-04-2011, 10:06 PM
I'll gladly jump on board when you are ready. :) just let us know here.

obdriver6
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Its all good man, no worries.we appreciate that there are people like you are available and put forth the effort for people with limited aftermarket support.

So now that you have the short shifter, you need to get your hatchback back!

Chedda-that shifter looks great, its good to hear that someone is making aftermarket parts for our cars.

chedda_jsauto
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks man, just to let you guys know ive been hard at it getting caught up with everything. My list is finally open for some new orders. If you guys are interested, throw me a pm or post on here if anyone wants a shifter or anything.

itzdave
10-29-2011, 09:53 PM
i went and put 'mine' on my old hatch today, the white bushing at the bottom was a VERY snug fit, and the heat shield had to be banged out a little bit for it to fit.

it was nice drivin that car again....

side by side comparo
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/itzdave405/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0132-1.jpg

extended all the way
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/itzdave405/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0133-1.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
10-30-2011, 01:46 AM
any difference on the shifting?

itzdave
10-30-2011, 08:53 AM
shorter throw, lol.
but im kinda used to the miata now, and its got a super short throw, just a little flick of the wrist...

chedda_jsauto
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the purchase. All shifters always made to order, if theres anything specific you want, please message me before the sale, as I'm willing to change length of shifter, bend, thread pitch for different knobs ect.