PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Options

ab20000
06-08-2011, 03:21 AM
I'm looking at lowering options and am thinking of running the Tokico HP Strut Kit with lowering springs but am looking for a 2.5 - 3.0" drop - any better suggestions?

mykwikcoupe
06-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Search would be my first suggestion. Jim posted a great sticky write up about what springs are available as well as what strut option you could use. I believe he even included a price guide as he went as well. Mark posted he thought the tokico springs were a terrible match for the tokico struts even though they share a manufacture and one would assume they should be a nice pairing. Almost everyone on the board has mentioned what they do and dont like from their own setup so given each person has a bias I would follow that plan. I am unsure what your price range is but to go that low that will at the very least need to have a set of strut raised tops made otherwise the new struts will be torn to bits in no time at all. Almost every OTC strut you will find will not handle a drop. Good luck. The best option on a budget is still someones used setup in good shape. My favorites are the koni reds but a decent set will run you $600usd used anymore then springs on top of that.

ab20000
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I am unsure what your price range is but to go that low that will at the very least need to have a set of strut raised tops made otherwise the new struts will be torn to bits in no time at all.

Thanks mate, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by raised strut tops? Do you mean you need to effectively move the whole strut up inside the original mounting points rather than just running shorter springs? If this is the case can't you just use standard springs?

Finding anything for the 3rd gen over here (UK) is tricky - are they the same (or very similar) to any of the older Preludes as these are much easier to find?

charliekuney
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Second generation (1984-1987) Preludes shared some parts and had the same engine (well, here in North America they had the same engine). Other than that, nothing. Don't let the similar design of the third generation (1988-1991) Prelude throw you off.

King Peetis
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I had the ground control springs and sleeves and tokico blue struts. The struts blew in just a few miles and the springs are so hard they will rattle your teeth. So I swapped them out with KSports. The K's are the best!! I don't care what anyone says. The folks that dont like'em usually dont know...

2oodoor
08-01-2012, 09:19 AM
These wouldn't happen to be other half of the set tokicos tdurr is selling would it?