PDA

View Full Version : Idle problem Help ?

-$MOKIN-
06-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I am in need of help...

I have tried every thing... I still get a surge from 1500 -2500 Evn while driving and in park also.\

I bled the lines out correctly and i have replaced everything i thnik it is..
I have a little leak at the exhaust manifold to egr tube and you can see a little discoloration there .. I replaced the egr valve and still have it..

I replaced the tps the idle control and air idle control. and checked all the vacumn lines and still cant find it..

Can some one give me a link to how to check the vacuum lines procedure and do you guys think it could be the leak before the tube thats doing it?

To me it sounds like a vacuum leak but i cant find it. I replaced a couple lines that really didn't need it..

HELP

rocketman
06-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Been there and done that. I went crazy trying everything I could think of with exactly the same issues for my '89 when I had the same idling problems. Betcha I worked on it for over a year. My advice? Buy a Weber and replace the carb. Problem solved. Got mine for (I think) $150-200. Bolted it on, attached everything, ran (still runs) PERFECT! No idle issues whatsoever, performance is great. Rocketman

ShyBoyCA6
06-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Been there and done that. I went crazy trying everything I could think of with exactly the same issues for my '89 when I had the same idling problems. Betcha I worked on it for over a year. My advice? Buy a Weber and replace the carb. Problem solved. Got mine for (I think) $150-200. Bolted it on, attached everything, ran (still runs) PERFECT! No idle issues whatsoever, performance is great. Rocketman

LOL you should read his Other thread about his car. It's a Fuel injected motor.

Dr_Snooz
06-09-2011, 06:54 AM
The bouncing idle problem has been covered pretty well in a lot of threads.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1108096

-$MOKIN-
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Yup stayed up all nigth reading about it. I hope its not my manifold gasket...lol
better yet i hope it is jsut so i can fix it...lol
Thanks snooz yeah i know i know i ask to many questions.lol

I just like to get you fired up ..

-$MOKIN-
06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Alright Snooz....

spent some mroe time with her today....

I went to the Jy and got got a box and a spedo cable since i broke mine...
I put the box on at the jy real qucik and it didnt help it any.. drove home then put the new spedo cable in...

started it up and it wasnt givng me a big time serge just a little one....

and it doesnt serge when have it in gear at all now so that got cleared up...

when ur driving and u put it in neutral it doesnt serge as long as your moving when it comes to a stop whil ein neutral it will start a small serger like 1200 - 1750

I had to trune the idle down from the top of the trotlle housing the little screw there becasue it was at 2000... Now when in netral and moving it is at 1500...

I know its a little high of a idle so im still figuring it out....

Big head ache....

88lxi-shortram
06-09-2011, 06:54 PM
what lines did you bleed?....

-$MOKIN-
06-10-2011, 07:27 AM
i just bled antifreeze in the system .im going to keep filing up the radiator for a couple days.. it might still have a bubble in it...
I also need to bleed the brake lines the peddle is weird.. that might make it idle wierd too...
I donno

Today im going to this new junk yard cant wait to go.. Hope they have my red car there , I need a trunk lid and a hood :)

rocketman
06-11-2011, 07:58 AM
OOPS! I didn't know it was an injected motor. Rocketman

Dr_Snooz
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
You know, 1500-2500 is a big range. I would be surprised if it was a coolant bubble or vacuum leak. Even when my intake gasket was trashed I didn't get that big a range. Always start with what you know to be broken first. Get the EGR working properly and see if you still have the problem.

-$MOKIN-
06-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks snooz....for gettin back to it..
I somewhat fixed it . i replaced the black box and i also grabbed a sped o cable becuase mine wasnt sitting in the slot right.from the jy .
I think it was because of the sped o cable ..that was making the crazy serge. It runs way different now as far as no serge which in drive only when im nuetral or parked ..When i coast to a stop in neutral as soon as you stop it serge's.its going from 12500-1750 now. and while in drive and stopped you have to keep your foot on the brake good becuase of a high idle but its not serging in drive now

Im not for sure how to test the egr system . IM waiting for a light to come on. Last light that was comming up was the spedo cable .
also found out Hondadoesnt sell the egr toob anymore and mine has a very light leak that i seen right a the manifold and toob bolt. So i might have to get a manifold and toob from the jy since the damn toob is so freaking hard to get off. any thoughts ?

Dr_Snooz
06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Replace the manifold with the tube. I don't think there's really any way to get those off.

-$MOKIN-
06-12-2011, 09:34 AM
yup . .. i got a 89 lxi with 120 thousand in the jy that i keep pulling parts from . And ive never been able to get the toob off my self .

Think that little leak can be the last part of the serge im getting ? it does it the whole time even after warmed up . what if i just welded it around the ring right there?
:D