PDA

View Full Version : What are our option for HIDs?

BrokenBone
06-10-2011, 01:24 AM
What are our option for HIDs, I seen conversion kits on eBay but do I need to replace the entire headlight housing? If not what size HIDs do I get for my 88 lxi?

ShyBoyCA6
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Search! :inout:

BrokenBone
06-11-2011, 03:37 AM
I did but too much comes up when I search "hid/h.I.d", or ,headlights". I could end up realding old post for weeks lol
I read somewhere that all hondas use the same bulb... Idk if that is true but if someone knows the answer to my question that would be awsome, thanks.

MessyHonda
06-11-2011, 07:11 AM
our cars came with a sealed glass bulb. you will first have to get a H4 housing that is a the glass part but on the back of it you can switch out the light bulb. The HID kit will have to be a H4 so then you can just install the HID light. most of us use Hella or autopal housings that can be found on ebay.

charliekuney
06-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I read somewhere that all hondas use the same bulb...

That is completely and utterly untrue due to the fact that some Hondas use sealed-beam, single-filament bulbs, some use sealed-beam, dual-filament bulbs, some use open-beam, single-filament bulbs, and some use open-beam, dual-filament bulbs. Some newer Hondas might even use light emitting diodes, but I'm not sure Honda has reached that point, yet.

BrokenBone
06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
our cars came with a sealed glass bulb. you will first have to get a H4 housing that is a the glass part but on the back of it you can switch out the light bulb. The HID kit will have to be a H4 so then you can just install the HID light. most of us use Hella or autopal housings that can be found on ebay.

Cool so all I need to get is one of those housing/hid kits they sell on eBay for like $80? Are they hard to install? We have the flip up lights so idk if that makes it hard to get to.

charliekuney
06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Are they hard to install? We have the flip up lights so idk if that makes it hard to get to.

Flip up to replace housing, flip down to replace bulb and do wiring. DO NOT REMOVE THE BUCKET. You will spend countless, painful hours trying to get them to line up correctly.

dustinksmith
06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Really you should do a retrofit...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2760/5726803902_d6af2b7e85.jpg

*Car Un-related, but headlights are the same.*

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/5718066604_41866118ab.jpg

canadian357
06-22-2011, 01:20 PM
What dustin said. HID's in a proper projector vs HID's in a Hella/Autopal housing are worlds apart. And I'm not talking about those ebay "projector" lamps, I mean a proper FX-R/TL/even mini H1 or mini D2S projector. Hit up the hidplanet forum to learn what you need to.