PDA

View Full Version : I am really pissed right now....

limikjr
06-15-2011, 05:32 PM
So I've been getting 12 flashes on the ECU (EGR problem). I looked up on here what to do and cleaned the filters in the black box, clean the pickup line, checked every little vacuum line to the black box and removed the valve and cleaned it. Still got the dummy light, so I bit the bullet and payed $200 for a new valve, installed it today and still get the damn light! And yes I reset the computer. I don't know what's wrong with it and am about to pick up a hammer and just start breaking stuff, breaking stuff...

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

-$MOKIN-
06-15-2011, 06:16 PM
First off ... dont hit it .... lol

Your smarter than the car ... Did it flash 12 again .. The idle issue can be other wise .. like unbleed correctly antifreeze ,intake manifold gasket broken, Speed sensor unplugged or not working, Tps sensor might be broke ....see what code comes up next time u drive it . Im having a serge in my idle that i cant figure out myself. Check back in after you find the problem..

Nafs Asdf
06-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Have you checked your electrical connections? Could just be a shorted wire to the EGR.

Demon1024
06-16-2011, 12:40 AM
^^^ check for continuity on all wires in that circuit from egr and other things in that circuit (tps and something?) and from them to ecu. I had a break in one and it was throwing code 12

limikjr
06-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I'll check the tps and a few other things and get back to you.

MessyHonda
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
ha when i had my A series i took all that junk off. but yeah its annoying how little problems affect a sensor

limikjr
06-17-2011, 10:08 AM
^^^ How'd you go about doing that? And do you get a CEL?

firefighterwhite89
06-17-2011, 10:43 AM
^^^ How'd you go about doing that? And do you get a CEL?

Make a block off plate for the EGR tube connection on the intake mani. Make sure to use the gasket for best seal as well. And, weld the EGR tube connector on the exhaust manifold shut. Viola. Problem solved. Just leave the EGR hooked up or you'll throw codes. I've never understood the point of pumping UBER hot exhaust gas that's inert back into a motor, not to mention heating up the air entering the engine, thus less power... Completely pointless if you ask me. Kinda like the intake tubing design they did for those cars with the airbox and all. 2 1/4" Exhaust tubing makes perfect intake tubing for these cars. Same size as the TB too. Cost me 12$ to make mine, and i could notice a difference after installation as well.