PDA

View Full Version : Brochure

lostscotiaguy
06-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Okay guys.... I want to post some scans I got from an old Accord brochure. The thing is I had to crop some of the pages, the brochure was too big to fit on the scanner, so some pages got "split" into 2 pics. I honestly don't have the skill to crop the 2 halves, then recombine them into one pic but I figured I could post the cropped pics so at least the brochure gets shown in it's entirety. The thing is the pics are very high res (some are 35 meg) and I don't really know what to use to scale them down. I've used some software to scale them down automatically, but then they end up being 33 KB and completely useless. Can anyone recommend a free EASY TO USE program that will let me compress these down to the magic 150Kb mark, and still maintain some semblance of definition? Otherwise, maybe an outside host that I can post them too? I'd prefer to post them right on the page though.... This is a cool dealer brochure, and I think you'll all enjoy it, so I want to post it properly in case anyone wants to snag some of the pics. Any help is appreciated as always! Also, I'm going to PNP today to grab a carb from an 82, so wish me luck! There's a LOT (relatively) of 1st gens up in the Sacramento area folks!!!!! The 3 closest PNP's are listing about 7-8 Accords from 77-83.

2ndGenGuy
06-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Get IrfanView. It's free, and a kick-ass, fast program. For viewing on the internetz, you probably only need them to be about a 1000 pixel width or so. I've scanned some old brochures as well, and I just didn't bother putting the dual-page articles back together. I figure the old eyeballs can figure it out for themselves. :)

Here's some of the catalogs I've scanned. I uploaded them to Flickr, which is awesome because they have multiple sizes you can link to, so you can post a nice, high-res image on there, and then link to the lower-res ones on the forums...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgturk/sets/72157603992671154/