PDA

View Full Version : Serious FML Moment.

Angelois
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Well I didnt have a fancy fancy radio just a sony xplod head unit that I put in about 6 months ago. Well some a-hole thought he or she wanted it more so they stole it.... Now i got an old aiwa In their and the cage I had with the xplod had a plastic trim piece on it that held the cage in good in the radio slot, because i think whoever did the first stock radio replacement messed up and that piece made it go from movable to stable.... Its hard to explain.... >.< Well I wanted to get a new one in again but without that piece sitting the cage will be tough i think so I wanted to see a picture of what the radio slot looks like with no radio in it.... otherwords i want to see what my radio slot should look like and I want to know if its possible to swap out that upper dash piece so I can get it to sit properly. Idk its hard to explain but some advice would be nice and i can get some pictures later but I just need to see what my hole needs to look like and maybe ill go hunting :P

Angelois
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah mine has no lip on the radio slot..... The cage can slip right thru. :/ what are my options at this point.

Vanilla Sky
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
We're really going to need pictures. There's not much of a lip from the factory.

lostforawhile
06-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah mine has no lip on the radio slot..... The cage can slip right thru. :/ what are my options at this point.thats a tough one, if the lip is gone, you might as well swap in another dash , if it's stock,it's not that hard to do

Angelois
06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah it doesn't seem that hard but yeah no lip The way i had it I had the plastic lip piece in on the cage right after the bendable tabs and it worked great I just wish whoever installed the first aftermarket did it right so i wouldn't have to deal with this or that some dickhead didn't steal my radio :3 So how would i go about swaping it? I mean ill probably just go at it and what not but a little help before i start doing all that would be nice xD

Oh well tomorrow Ill pull out and take pics their is legit no lip :P

lostforawhile
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Yeah it doesn't seem that hard but yeah no lip The way i had it I had the plastic lip piece in on the cage right after the bendable tabs and it worked great I just wish whoever installed the first aftermarket did it right so i wouldn't have to deal with this or that some dickhead didn't steal my radio :3 So how would i go about swaping it? I mean ill probably just go at it and what not but a little help before i start doing all that would be nice xD

Oh well tomorrow Ill pull out and take pics their is legit no lip :P
i know exactly what you mean there is a small plastic lip all the way around, the metal radio sleeve slides against it, and then you bend the tabs around it, it could possibly be repaired, but the dash would have to come out anyway, so you might as well find a dash at the yard and swap it, also don't forget if you change dashes, you will have to swap in your original vin plate to the new dash, once the dash is in,it's impossible to do, you'll have to carefully drill out the rivets and pop rivet yours back in, nothing illegal about it, since it's the one that came with your car, you are only changing dashboards, it's just being transferred from one dash to another