PDA

View Full Version : New here. also seeking help.

Convenienze
06-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, was roaming google looking for help about an issue ive got with my 1989 Accord LX-i 2Door Coupe.

this is my car, its all stock minus the exhaust tip.. it was missing when i bought it.. so i bought some apexi knock off tip for it lol.. anyways, im Ed. hope my stay here is good.

edit: i cant post images yet so ill post it once i can.. lol

Pico
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
What's the issue you need help with...Welcome to the forum

Convenienze
06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
well, ive posted it in the technical section :)

Dr_Snooz
06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Welcome from California!

2drSE-i
06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome from Oklahoma!

What part of Florida are you from? We have a few members from around you I'd imagine.

Convenienze
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Central Florida, Deltona :)

well i can post links now so here is the car.
pretty basic its just stock daily driver.

the body is in excellent shape. there's not one dent in it. and no rust at all on the entire car over or under.
however the engine has an issue which has been posted and im trying to fix.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v2ec0i.jpg

Dr_Snooz
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Very nice car!

Vanilla Sky
06-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the board, man. I like that you have the SEi wheels on there.

If you ever want to meet up some time, I'm up in Palatka. There's not a whole lot between the two of us, except Deland.

Convenienze
06-24-2011, 09:53 AM
yeah. we could try to work something out, would be cool.

also, call me a noob but.. what are the vriation differences in hondas, example:
dx.. lx.. lx-i.. se-i.. etc?

is the se-i the one with the most options on it? and lx-i being the one under that?

edit.. i also still have the mudflaps for all 4 corners. i just took them off, i think it looks better without them.. unless i lowered it which i would really like to do. then i would put them back on cause it adds a nice look to it then.

Vanilla Sky
06-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I think that info used to be in the FAQ.

DX is the base model
LX is the next level up, came with power windows, power locks (sedans only), painted bumpers, and nicer interiors
LXi is a fuel injected LX. Sedans got moon roofs.
SEi has rear disk brakes, leather, Bose stereo, unique wheels, and a few other goodies.

There were other changes throughout the years, such as sway bar size and option availability.

Convenienze
06-25-2011, 08:35 AM
oh i see. thanks for the info. :)

Convenienze
06-26-2011, 06:12 AM
i wanna do a 2.5 - 3 inch drop on it.. but that will come after the engine fix.
i think it will make it look so much better.

Vanilla Sky
06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
That much drop makes these cars lose a lot of their handling feel and makes them less fun to drive. BTDT, albeit not on my car.

Convenienze
07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
yeah i guess it would.
but also ive cancelled plans for anything on this car. going to just deal with how it is and save for something else.
i might keep it though and do a swap one day.. but idk what ill do.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Any reason to cancel plans for it? Is it something wrong with the car or is it the lack of aftermarket?

Convenienze
07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
well. i really love the car. i just cant seem to find a replacement a20.. not looking to really do a larger swap right now. just wanna put it to its former glory.
the a20 is actually not bad..
its mainly because i dont have the time, im always working, i work nights.. so most of the day im asleep.
between that and i really want a real wheel drive car.. so im just not sure if i wanna spend alot of money on this one right now. maybe eventually.
i did however make some time to renew the pcv valve. and i think my oil problem has stopped. as i posted in technical, the story about that.

other news, i got to whitness my 222,222.2 miles rollover on the odo :)

Vanilla Sky
07-04-2011, 07:41 PM
You haven't checked my back yard for spare motors, have you?

Convenienze
07-05-2011, 05:18 AM
well, no i guess not.
but, im going to give it a little time before i decide to mess with it.
after i get this squeal fixed its just going to remain my daily driver as is, untill i can afford something else.
then i will upgrade :)