PDA

View Full Version : A/C parts help!!!!!!!

gp02a0083
06-23-2011, 04:04 AM
i ended up ditching the idea of replacing my A/C compressor with another keihnin type. I sourced some parts from a junkyard and got the mounting bracket and the high /low pressure lines. I took the part #'s off the donor car, it had a Denso 10P15E compressor. So i ordered a rebuilt one, but now im noticing there's 4 ports right next to each other, looks ok for a denso but i believe im missing the manifold piece that sits there.

anyone out there have a junked 10p15E denso compressor , it doesn't have to be working , i just need the manifold "block" that sits on top and the o-ring and bolts.

nswst8
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
As a rule I don't use reconditioned a/c compressors unless I recondition them myself, I've seen to many fail. But with the cost of these compressors being reasonable on rockauto. No reason not to go with a new one. (I run R-12)

gp02a0083
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM
its almost impossible to find r-12 around here , hence why i am converting to the denso. We have never had a problem with buying a reman compressor, they have all worked fine. From what i have found out that many reman compressors do not have the manifold for the high/low lines. I would not consider a $250 compressor "reasonable" at all.

I have the bracket, the lines and the compressor , i am just looking for the manifold piece that sits on top of the compressor.

Also i called a place in Texas asking about the difference about the 10P15E and 10PA15E compressors, they said the manifold pieces are different , can anyone confirm this?

rc00netzero
06-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Based on my research that is the primary difference. I would try to source the manifold parts from JY. When I redid mine last year the o-ring seals for the manifold were still available. The Santech MT2561 kit has the seals for one model but not the other. That is Santech MT0453. Both kits are needed for it. Unfortunately the re-builders and some makers of new compressors assume you have an old compressor to get the manifold parts from. There are no moving parts in the manifold - it is just a set of sort of adapter plates. As a precaution, loosen and tighten its bolts gradually and in a cross sequence. It is aluminum and you don't want to warp it. Be sure to lube the compressor with the correct amount and type of oil just before installing and put in a new receiver dryer.