PDA

View Full Version : What Holds the OBX Header Togehter?

Shilo
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.fuzionetics.com/ebay/new/H11568S_1.jpg

I was looking into buy an OBX header, but looking at that picture makes me wounder how the downpipe/collector connects to the header. The Pacesetter has its own flange and just bolts together, but I see nothing like that on the OBX. So, what holds it together: a separate bracket, welding required, luck, magnets, magic???

Vanilla Sky
06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Those are slip fittings. They should seal up, but I think they may be missing some hardware.

cygnus x-1
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
If you look at that picture carefully there are little tabs on the tubes that you put a bolt through. It's easier to see on the down pipe. It's right at the end of the cyl #2 tube.

C|

Shilo
06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
If you look at that picture carefully there are little tabs on the tubes that you put a bolt through. It's easier to see on the down pipe. It's right at the end of the cyl #2 tube.

C|

Thanks, I see that now.

Hauntd ca3
06-24-2011, 01:18 AM
thats an old motorbike thing . works well, tho they can leak a touch when cold they expand and seal when hot

cygnus x-1
06-24-2011, 08:44 PM
thats an old motorbike thing . works well, tho they can leak a touch when cold they expand and seal when hot

I have an old S&S header (OBX copied the design from S&S, who is out of business now) and it did leak a little at first. After running for a few minutes it stopped, I guess sealing itself up with carbon deposits probably.

The OBX looks nice and is a great deal. I just wish they would have copied DC instead of S&S. The S&S hangs down too low for my liking.

C|

lostforawhile
06-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I have an old S&S header (OBX copied the design from S&S, who is out of business now) and it did leak a little at first. After running for a few minutes it stopped, I guess sealing itself up with carbon deposits probably.

The OBX looks nice and is a great deal. I just wish they would have copied DC instead of S&S. The S&S hangs down too low for my liking.

C|
if you want a true 4-1 design, the tubes have to look like the s&S , the DC one was 4-2-1

cygnus x-1
06-25-2011, 09:49 AM
if you want a true 4-1 design, the tubes have to look like the s&S , the DC one was 4-2-1

Absolutely, although I would rather have a 4-2-1 instead of a 4-1 because of the form factor. The 4-1 design is supposed to have better top end but I would give that up to keep it out of harms way.

C|

Strugglebucket
07-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I ran the S&S for a few years and now I have a Pacesetter on there. Honestly, the S&S had more power everywhere, not just the top end.

But yeah, it wants to scrape on everything. My Pacesetter tucks up under the car nicely and is protected by my lower tie bar running underneath it.