PDA

View Full Version : zMax cleaner stuff

netfreak
10-14-2002, 04:12 PM
I saw an infomercial on this zMax cleaning kit with cleaning fluid for the tranny, engine, and fuel system. I saw the kit at canadian tire so I picked one up and filled my car up. I don't know if i'll notice much difference but a good cleaning is something i probably needed.

and if this stuff magically fixes my transmission or something, I'll let y'all know.

smufguy
10-14-2002, 04:17 PM
they say it bonds with the metal and fills in the crack and stuff. and also smoothens out the moving parts by lubricating them. I hope it works well for the amount of money we pay for that sucker. HOpe to get a review on that.

YK86
10-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Keep us updated.

Lester Lugnut
10-14-2002, 04:44 PM
The Federal Trade Commision sued these guys. It's nothing more than run-of-the-mill mineral oil. If you use a search engine like EXCITE, you'll find all sorts of info about this useless product.

Check this web site:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm

netfreak
10-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Tough call there.. If it was a mail-order product only, then I would forget it. Since I saw it at canadian tire, I figured it wasn't worthless. It did seem to smoothen my ride a bit. Not really worried about that corrosion anyway since I'm swapping engines in a few months :D Honestly I don't see myself buying this again for the price.

netfreak
10-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Update:

car seems to run smoother.. I dont know about this "RECLAIM LOST POWER" crap.. I still suck at top end, but things dont seem to shake as much at high speeds.