PDA

View Full Version : which bodies to keep, which motors to swap?

mykwikcoupe
06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Im about to make a trade that is a good trade but will give me way too many bodies, thus brings up a challenge. !st Ill list the bodies I will have and what is right or wrong with them.

1988 honda accord coupe green- clean title, has b20a swap in it now but needs exhaust, waiting for itb manifold completion, currently OBD1 lots more currently own

1987 honda accord hatch white- been my work car, new suspension everything, new brake everything, black interior swap, salvage title lots more currently own

1986 honda accord hatch grey- this is the infamous racetek hatch has b16 swapped, wiring is crap needs redone, windows tinted, salvage title

1987 honda accord hatch minty beige- bone stock, has the best body of the hatches, has clean title, needs headliner, has heavy rust on one door, clean title

The plan, to have a b20a coupe, b18 turbo hatch, b16 hatch commuter. The question is do I keep the racetek hatch since it has the b16 in it and is basically ready to go minus alot of paperwork and headache or scrap it and move all parts to another car? I have a thought in my head but would like to know what others think. Currently all I am missing to perform what I want is a b series turbo manifold, piping, and another trans. My current budget for this is about 2k so whatever I decide to rebuild or change would happen with that.

2drSE-i
06-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Keep them all, love them long time!

Or, send me a good coupe shell :)

On a serious note, sounds like you only need to get rid of one hatch. Is the rust on the '87 beige hatch only on the door? Because if so, swap a door (and everything else) from the white hatch, and keep the beige and racetek hatches.

RobT5580
06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
I always thought i would build multiple accords and now a realize how far off i was on that idea. I have enough trouble funding the one big project that i have. I am like you hoarding parts but now im trying to just keep what i need and get the ball rolling until my car looks like something again.

mykwikcoupe
06-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Its quite a hassle swapping all the parts from one car to another but time will tell. The joy of me being the hoarder I am is I have nearly all the parts I would need to complete or build all 3 cars. the hard to find JDM parts would be a scarcity and i would need another b series trans and linkage but otherwise Im set. I have a spare auto trans from a b18a, maybe Ill leave the gold hatch an auto and make a b16 auto out of it? What do you think? I wonder if the linkages are the same or how much extra work it would take

MessyHonda
06-30-2011, 11:40 PM
if you go swapping stuff you better you make sure you have time or else you will pay more in the long run

Tdurr
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Fix em all. Or sell me one for shits and giggles.

Those are the only options

gp02a0083
07-01-2011, 05:58 PM
id swap out the better brakes on the 88 to the 87 hatch, pick the parts and build one or two good ones

mykwikcoupe
07-16-2011, 07:23 AM
well my coupe has the b20a in it and I have a ITBs mani for it and suzuki 2001 throttle bodies. I need to figure out if I have the wrong speed sensor installed or another problem with the transmission reassembly. Im debating as the coupe is supposed to be the one car I like the most, cheerish the most, should I pull the b20a and install the turbo'ed B18c? The wiring is done, vtec added, just need to install the mounts and swap engines.

The b20 is waitng for a tune, exhaust piping and another manifold to be made as he also has the ITBs for sizing and design. The b18c would need charge pipes, exhaust, tune, basically the same stuff. What do you all think?

mykwikcoupe
07-16-2011, 07:23 AM
well my coupe has the b20a in it and I have a ITBs mani for it and suzuki 2001 throttle bodies. I need to figure out if I have the wrong speed sensor installed or another problem with the transmission reassembly. Im debating as the coupe is supposed to be the one car I like the most, cheerish the most, should I pull the b20a and install the turbo'ed B18c? The wiring is done, vtec added, just need to install the mounts and swap engines.

The b20 is waitng for a tune, exhaust piping and another manifold to be made as he also has the ITBs for sizing and design. The b18c would need charge pipes, exhaust, tune, basically the same stuff. What do you all think?

MessyHonda
07-16-2011, 07:02 PM
can you take one of your cars to ExplicitSpeed so we can buy some 3 point strut bars and traction bars. my front crossmember was grinded down for the b downpipe

mykwikcoupe
07-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I could i suppose but I'm not really sure they would make you a great deal on it. The cross members they sell are beefy and stout but a bit overpriced for square tube and angle iron. I'm not saying i could make one nicer but for what they charge I can have one made out of moly tube that's lighter and probably stronger. Ill see what I can do when the coupe gets going.

mykwikcoupe
09-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Since this thread is now back at the top anyways. Ive decided to swap the b18c into the coupe, remove the b20a and store it. The gsr trans will get the quaife diff from the b2k5 b20a transmission and be put into the coupe. The racetek hatch will get a standard cable ls transmission from a early 90's integra. With minimal work I will have both b series engines going leaving me with a stockish hatch for work. Turbos to follow.

itzdave
09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
...Turbos to follow.

Nice!

charliekuney
09-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Ive decided to swap the b18c into the coupe, remove the b20a and give it to Charlie.

Fixed.

obdriver6
09-24-2011, 12:16 PM
^ lol

mykwikcoupe
09-24-2011, 10:09 PM
well charlie you come up with a decent offer and it just might happen. keep in mind the rebuild with Honda oem parts FROM JAPAN! The transmission rebuild with new bearings and all the other new parts and the fact that it would probably be me installing it.

charliekuney
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
...let me start saving my money. Also, I'm not sure if I want to find a better body than my coupe. It's a little beat.

2ndGenGuy
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Someone texted me the other day bout a $350 B20A on Craigslist. Maybe it's still there...

mykwikcoupe
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah maybe, Mine would be quite a bit higher.