PDA

View Full Version : Car feels like its flooding or misfiring when i...

Dirt Nasty
06-29-2011, 12:27 AM
So anyways my car feels like its either flooding, or misfiring a cyl. or two, WOT only.. Idle seems fine and i think it mostly happens in the 1k to 2500rpm range.. Timing adj. maybe?

Need some advice pls.

Shilo
06-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Carbed or EFI?

88lxi-shortram
06-29-2011, 06:26 AM
its efi.check plugs

2oodoor
06-29-2011, 09:13 AM
So anyways my car feels like its either flooding, or misfiring a cyl. or two, WOT only.. Idle seems fine and i think it mostly happens in the 1k to 2500rpm range.. Timing adj. maybe?

Need some advice pls.

um is 1000 to 2500 rpm considered WOT or what you're stomping it at WOT and the engine seems to be spittering a little till it hums?
sound like MAP sensor but check for vac leaks cuz those throw off the MAP, but honestley it could be one of a half dozen things. rule out ign, fuel and mechanical all seperatley by inspecting parts and focusing on when exactly this is occuring.

Dirt Nasty
07-02-2011, 03:47 AM
EFI. And now it not only does it WOT, but also if I take it easy on the throttle. But Ive noticed it seems like its firing early when i start it, like it doesnt want to fire or it will but die with a not good sounding noise.. Could it have anything to do with my alarms killswitch? or bad cap n rotor?

Oldblueaccord
07-02-2011, 06:24 AM
EFI the computer can show you a code its under the drivers seat.

I would disable the alarm just to try it. Change the plugs to regular NGK's gapped to stock on the hood sticker. Inspect the wiring around the cap ,coil etc.

If you can retime to car to the base timing on the hood sticker as well.

wp

Dr_Snooz
07-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Could it have anything to do with my bad cap n rotor?

Um, yes.

Dirt Nasty
07-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.. Guess I just needed new wires.. Go figure.

gtpilot
07-15-2011, 06:45 AM
If you have been running it with a miss for a while I would change the oil (unburned gas getting by the rings and into the oil) and change the plugs. It will keep things in good working order.

Kirk

Dirt Nasty
07-19-2011, 12:01 AM
If you have been running it with a miss for a while I would change the oil (unburned gas getting by the rings and into the oil) and change the plugs. It will keep things in good working order.

Kirk

No doubt. Changed the plugs, will do the oil.. And thanks.