PDA

View Full Version : Are both O2 Sensors Necessary?

Shilo
06-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking about getting a OBX header instead of the Pacesetter, but the OBX only has one O2 bung. I made a post before about moving one of the sensors downstream to the bung on my test pipe, but I've been wondering if it would be possible to wire the two leads to the O2 sensors together and only have one connector? Since they are both side by side I imagine they get close to the same reading (seriously why two of them side by side?), so I think it could possibly work but I'm not too sure if the ECU would like it.

MessyHonda
06-30-2011, 11:22 PM
these ecus are picky about the O2 sensors even if you switch them up the car will not run right on the midrange. the best thing is to have the exhaust guys weld a new o2 sensor

1987AccordLx-i
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
i agree with messy... these ecu's throw a bitch fit if the connectors get crossed... keep both o2's

LowSider
04-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Hate to dig up an old thread, however this applied to something im dealing with. My car was throwing up a check engine light and the ecu was showing a code,for oxygen sensor b. the motor ran terrible, and after following some of the instructions in the service manual (stopped short of getting out a volt meter, and i dont have a test harness)

I eventuallymswitiched the connections (supposed to be left sensor to green right sensor to white when looking in engine bay, or so ive read?)

Car runs perfectly with the connections backwards and no engine light comes on. Anyone have any way to explain that?