PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Latch ?

import racer
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Does honda still sell the trunk latch for these cars or are they discontinued.Reason I ask is my trunk wouldn't latch yesterday and I took it out and cleaned it,but can't see anything wrong with it.Everything seems right,it will latch when i push up on the piece and will unlatch when I push the piece the cable pulls on.But when I put it back on the car it won't latch,I tried adjusting the striker and still won't latch.Anyone else have this proble before?

DatHatch
07-03-2011, 01:13 AM
i would just go to the junkyard and pull another latch, ive had this problem before on another car and had to use a bunji cord to keep my trunk shut for awhile lmao

AccordB20A
07-03-2011, 01:31 AM
mine fucks out because of rust /the bit of metal the striker is bolted to is bent.

import racer
07-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Yeah I took the one off my daily driver to try and closes no problem.Guess I'll have to check the j/y and see if I can find one.

charliekuney
07-10-2011, 09:47 AM
You mounted it incorrectly. You can't just bolt it in - you have to make sure it lines up. The only reason your other one works is because you mounted that one correctly.

import racer
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Well I tried it in the same spot as the other one,you can't adjust the latch just the striker.

charliekuney
07-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Exactly, so adjust the striker to where the latch can hit it. The hook has plenty of moving space.

import racer
07-11-2011, 07:47 AM
I tried that by crawling in the trunk to line it up and it still won't latch.But if i take the latch and push it onto the striker it will latch,guess I'll just keep trying.

import racer
07-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Well after f**king with it all afternoon I finally got it to latch,but not a well as I'd like.Still gonna look for another latch because I think there is something screwed in it.