PDA

View Full Version : radiator fan question

88lxi-shortram
07-10-2011, 01:04 PM
ok my engine bay gets wayyyy to hot for my likings and i want to do something about it. i dont have a heat shield on the header but i may put it back on. but the real culprit to me seems to be my radiator and its fan. it blows the hot air right into my bay straight from the radiator. i know i need to have outside air flow in but this is rediculous. what if i fabbed up some mounts for the outside and bought a reverse fan and mounted it there? or just reverse the directional flow of the oe fan and mount it out there? itll be able to get outside air to cool itself down and probably reduce my bay temp by alot.

2oodoor
07-10-2011, 02:25 PM
hey if you were out there with it today I would say the heat is normal. I was soaking wet with sweat this morning just plugging a tire outside.
What is your temp guage reading>? If it isnt over heating then there is not an issue. The idea of owning a Honda is to not have to be hangin out in the bay during or after it is running omg lol

88lxi-shortram
07-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Well even though it was definitely super hot this week its always been abnormally hot in the bay. The temp gauge never even gets half way up which is great. But idk I feel like it shouldn't be that hot under there.

TotaledTL
07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Has anybody ever connected a real temp gauge, one that reads the actual water temp.? Can you use the OEM temp. sender or do the aftermkt. gauges come w/ a sensor, and do they have to be calibrated?

88lxi-shortram
07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
most gauges come with instructions and dont need to be calibrated....

Oldblueaccord
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Its the negative of a header high under hood temps. It does make wire and stuff brittle as glass. good spark plug wires wont last very long either. The cheap ones the plug boots will melt right off.

Do some research but i think pusher fans are way better the puller types. But hey prove me wrong.

wp

Dr_Snooz
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Has anybody ever connected a real temp gauge, one that reads the actual water temp.? Can you use the OEM temp. sender or do the aftermkt. gauges come w/ a sensor, and do they have to be calibrated?

The one that came in my gauge pack (I didn't install it) had its own sender and needed no calibration. If I want temps though, I use my infrared thermometer.