PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new with Q's

harvo
07-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi, my name is Dan and I have an addiction, not so much the Honda but cars in general.

Well I sold my baby (early skyline coupe) a while a go as it just wasn't praticle for daily duties and picked up my 86 accord for a $1000. It's been an awesome car for the last few months power everything, comfy and economical, but.....

It's started to show it's age (360,000ks and counting) couple weeks ago 5th gear decided it had enough, the clutch is gone, D/S cv has a knock, front brakes and or wheel bearings are gone/going plus the usual oil leaks. To be honest the only thing I've done besides put fuel in it is upgrade the lights from candle power to Xenon HID's.

So the main reason I'm here to pick your collective brains trust is (and I've searched but found nothing definite) I've found an awesome condition, but smashed 91 prelude with a (from wiki B20A6 - 2.0L DOHC PGM-FI 142hp (106kW) Australia/New Zealand) I'm in Australia, my car has the EFI 2.0 SOHC A20A.

Question is, is it possible/feasible to do this swap. I've read through a few build threads on here but I'm not up to speed with all the model codes but just looking at the motor (cam cover) it looks like the ones people drop into there early accords.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers, Dan

gp02a0083
07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
welcome to the forum.

This question has been asked a lot, a prelude engine will not fit in the accord, the mount angle is incorrect. Both are B20 engines but the prelude i think is a B20A5 whereas the accord B20 is a B20A

harvo
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks mate, but is that the only reason the motor won't go in? Would it be possible to just fabricate new mounts if that's the only reason or is there something else I'm missing?

What about front suspension/brakes from the prelude is any of that interchangeable?

Cheers

charliekuney
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
It's easier to get mounts for the JDM B20A. Also, some suspension parts from the second-generation Prelude will swap.

harvo
07-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Well I've scrapped the prelude idea as it's a 3rd gen and too much work for an accord that has moss growing from the panel gaps.

But I was let down buy the big girl today when she disgraced her self and dropped 90% of her oil (at least it happened at work and not on the way) now I need to get it home and work out where it's coming from.

I thought after searching on here for "major oil leak" and finding a few common threads I had it nailed, leaking from the oil filter block, but it appears to be coming more from behind the crank pulley so looks like I'll be pulling the motor and box and doing a full re-seal. On a positive note, remembered that one of my mates runs Honda running gear in his race car (mini clubman series) and he has a heap of "street" spares and lot of no-how.