PDA

View Full Version : New problem PLEASE HELP!

Night Rida
05-10-2002, 06:08 PM
okay fellas,
Its like I am having a new problem everytiome I get one fixed!
Oh well, I still love my baby!:) Well here is what happened I am driving on a dark road and flip my high beams on and then off when car comes in view. I smelled this burning smell like fried wires or burnt fuse! I get home and before I reached the driveway my headlights went out!!! All my side lights stayed on and my washer nozzles light and turn signals all work and then I click back on the high beam lever and lights come on! So my lights work on regular beam but on high beam they do not work and the blue high beam signal on the gauge/cluster does not come on either!!! This morning I checked all the fuses under the steering wheel and they seem fine, none blown out! I asked goodyear and Honda and they said it sounds like my light switch went bad! Does this sound right?? It works for all functions EXCEPT for the highbeams! My bulbs are fine cus I put new ones in and only reular beams work! Is there another fuse under the hood that might affect this? I smelled this funny smell so Im thinkin it is the light switch but please help me! Even with my discount the light switch from Honda is more than $100.00!!! i can try the junk yard but if I keep drving with it like this will it mess anything else up???
Do yall think I can get away with out changing this? will other wires in the light switch burn out later???? Has this hapened to anyone else?? Man Im confused as hell!!
PLEASE help me, I know yall always do so any help will be appreciated!
Thanks, Jay
Night Rida:bow:

CoAsTeR
05-10-2002, 06:36 PM
just to make sure, check fuses 9 & 10. 9 is the left highbeam and 10 is the right highbeam plus indicator light. Mind you on the wiring diagram it shows they are 6 & 7.... they can never make up there minds.

From what I can see in mitchell, the only thing left could be the switch. There is s tech service bulletin on the headlights quitting because of bad wiring behind the retractable headlamps but it wouldn't be applicable here since BOTH of em' quit at same time.

I'd say its the switch, so to keep things cheap and simple I'd spray some CONTACT CLEANER in the switch.. I mean soak the b*tch, perhaps its just dirty? But if you smelt smoke... heh... but ya never know. Anyways, goto the scrapyard and pick one up... only a couple bucks. Don't buy it new.... to much $$$.

CoAsTeR
05-10-2002, 06:42 PM
here are the wiring diagrams for the swtich.. I can get you the ones for the headlights themselves if you need em' too.
I've never posted a pic before, so hopefully this works :)

CoAsTeR
05-10-2002, 06:43 PM
here is the rest of it

Night Rida
05-10-2002, 06:58 PM
hey thanks man,
Ill try 9, 10 too make sure and let you knowif it was them.
Thanks, Jay
Night Rida:badass: