PDA

View Full Version : is this a new three geez recall?

lostforawhile
07-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Everyone knows about the seat belt recall, and the recall to reinforce the gas filler area, that involved a plate installed inside of the fuel door, but there is another recall I located about the fuel filler pipe itself, this originally involved earlier Accords and Civics, but appears to have been extended, here's the link

http://auto-recalls.justia.com/honda/accord/1986/92v028001/

itzdave
07-31-2011, 07:16 PM
that happened to my 4dr while driving from OK to WA. dealership took care of it...

Vanilla Sky
07-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Not new at all. There were more recalls than we have general knowledge of. It is handy that Honda still stands behind the recalls and fixes these 20+ year old cars.

lostforawhile
07-31-2011, 07:40 PM
well hopefully this will be useful to someone, I've only ever seen the one for the fuel pipe area inside the door, and the seat belt, I know this recall was done for the early cars as I had one replaced

DBMaster
08-01-2011, 05:15 AM
I guess by '89 they had redesigned the fuel tank components because the only recall on mine is the seat belt buckle recall. On mine they just added the black plastic sleeves around the front buckles.

gp02a0083
08-01-2011, 08:35 AM
When i had my 87 lxi serviced for the recalls about 4 or 5 years ago they did the seat belt and filler neck pocket in addition to the filler neck. The tech told me that they are suppose to do the service recall on both the filler neck and pocket area at the same time

slowA20tog22
08-01-2011, 11:00 AM
so wait they will still fix my car if it didnt get the recall?

gp02a0083
08-02-2011, 03:17 AM
i think they have to , i know lost has mentioned about the seat belts before

charliekuney
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
They will not fix the part if your car does not apply to the recall. They will check your vehicle identification number.

vteckiller
03-24-2012, 01:19 PM
They will not fix the part if your car does not apply to the recall. They will check your vehicle identification number.

Seeings how i took my car to the local honda dealer and they replaced my seat belts in the tan color or black i choice black like not long ago on my 1989 lxi. im sure they'll fix anything you bring to there attention.. If they don't have it they should offer to call around for you, and you call them back. half the times. call around anyways.. honda will fix your shit. if not. call honda headquarters and talk to them they'll help.

lostforawhile
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
any part of the seatbelts recall or not has a lifetime warranty,

charliekuney
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Seeings how i took my car to the local honda dealer and they replaced my seat belts in the tan color or black i choice black like not long ago on my 1989 lxi. im sure they'll fix anything you bring to there attention.. If they don't have it they should offer to call around for you, and you call them back. half the times. call around anyways.. honda will fix your shit. if not. call honda headquarters and talk to them they'll help.

I honestly don't know where your post came from. I said Honda (along with pretty much every other automobile manufacturer on the planet) will not fix a part for free unless your car is part of the recall. All 1986-1993 Honda Accords were part of the seatbelt recall for the front latches which is why they fixed yours. If you bothered to read the posts above you would see that I was replying to the guy who asked if they would fix something on his car even though it wasn't included in the recall, and the answer was no - Honda, nor anyone else, is going to fix something for free just because you "bring it to their attention."

lostforawhile
03-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I honestly don't know where your post came from. I said Honda (along with pretty much every other automobile manufacturer on the planet) will not fix a part for free unless your car is part of the recall. All 1986-1993 Honda Accords were part of the seatbelt recall for the front latches which is why they fixed yours. If you bothered to read the posts above you would see that I was replying to the guy who asked if they would fix something on his car even though it wasn't included in the recall, and the answer was no - Honda, nor anyone else, is going to fix something for free just because you "bring it to their attention."

if it's part of the seatbelts, Honda has a lifetime warranty on all their belts

charliekuney
03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
I know this. One of the posts above was specifically asking about the link you originally posted which, according to another reply, doesn't apply to the 1989 model year...he was asking if he could still get Honda to fix whatever it was even though his car was not part of the recall.