PDA

View Full Version : speedometer and tach bouncing.

Convenienze
08-07-2011, 05:29 AM
alright heres what ive got.

my tach has always bounced around when im around 4k+ rpm.
and now my speedo is starting to bounce around at all speeds.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how to fix it?

is there like a sensor that as to be replaced? or is there a cable.

nswst8
08-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Tach bounce more than likely it associated with the Distributor. The speedometer is associated with the speedo cable. Remove clean, lube and reinstall.

Convenienze
08-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Tach bounce more than likely it associated with the Distributor. The speedometer is associated with the speedo cable. Remove clean, lube and reinstall.

hm. i can try to clean it i guess.. which cable is the speedo cable lol.

nswst8
08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
It is the one that goes from the transaxle to the drivers side firewall, it travels across the intake manifolds, over the injectors.

It's easy to clean, just unclip at the transaxle and remove the inner cable spring, clean and lube, re-insert and re-clip.

Convenienze
08-08-2011, 07:17 AM
It is the one that goes from the transaxle to the drivers side firewall, it travels across the intake manifolds, over the injectors.

It's easy to clean, just unclip at the transaxle and remove the inner cable spring, clean and lube, re-insert and re-clip.

cool thx, ill try it in a bit.

obdriver6
08-08-2011, 11:27 PM
The bouncy tach has something to do with the distributor, I had the same problem until a changed to another one I had.

Convenienze
08-09-2011, 05:25 AM
well, i havent cleaned the cable yet cause no time but.. while driving i can hear a weird noise comming from the speedo area in the cluster...
maybe there is a broken gear inside of it?

also if my speedo goes out.. my odometer goes too right? i would think so..

Vanilla Sky
08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
That noise is usually from the cable slipping or binding.